SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Tithing is not a New testament practice.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I can't tell this story without tears in my eyes about an Amazing Savior!

And I can't help but read it with tears Brother. We serve a caring God. Jimp, that was great man, loved it.

2010/11/29 22:17

Re:

Brother Pilgrim, I don't think we are saying that we ought to tithe. We are just using the word tithe for the word giving, and I believe that I speak for everyone that we want to give above and beyond the said tithe because we joyfully want to bless others. Whether it's to the Church you attend, or to the guy on the street. Whether it's once a month, or once a week, or once a year. There is no set number, it's whatever every man has purposed in his heart to do with whatever has been given to him.

"To whom much is given, much is required."

2010/11/29 22:22
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

What amazes me about this whole "tithing" thing is its only tithing that seems to be the issue. If you believe that Law is still active then do you keep the dietary laws, and the cleansing laws, or the no cutting hair off the sides of your face law?

Jesus came and brought two laws Love for God and Love for your neighbor. IF you are doing these two things you are fulfilling the entire law.

Yet another thing to keep in mind is we can't properly give a tithe to a church why? because unless your leaders are Levites they can't technically receive the tithes, on top of the fact that the tithe can't be properly taken care of in our modern sense because we don't have the Jewish temple.

What breaks me heart about this topic is that it provoke dissension about what exactly? MONEY. To me that is just gross. If you believe 10% to a church organization is correct fine and dandy. I believe we are free to give and lead by the Holy Spirit of Love to give to those that we see and the Spirit leads us to give to.

I believe "tithing" doesn't change God's blessing towards us but a right attitude will bless us emensly. We can't change how much God loves and accepts us and even blesses us by doing ANYTHING He loves, forgives, and blesses according to His Grace and this my friends is infinite.

I am seriously burnt out on the tithing delemma and see an unnessecary problem if people would just Love and understand that God looks and sees the intentions of the heart of man and knows and judges, we can not be the judge. I can call you a cheapsake but this is judgment and with the amount I judge I too will be judged back.

Again my heart breaks when I see this kind of craziness and I have seen it a lot lately in my personal life its kind of the cherry on top to see it here I suppose.

2010/11/29 22:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

How can that be?? you give 10% of Jesus?

According to Paul, in 1 Cor 15, Jesus is our "first fruits." So, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say Jesus is my tithe.

*edited for clarification*

2010/11/29 22:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe "tithing" doesn't change God's blessing towards us but a right attitude will bless us immensely

I agree. I have been blessed materially, spiritually and physically and mentally, and I never gave a tithe.

In fact, every single time I tried to set up some sort of a schedule to pay my tithes, I always had a check in my spirit that what I was doing did not please God. However, when a need arose and I spontaneously gave, I felt the joy in doing that. But it always bothered me why I couldn't do the former. And after years of wondering, I had realized that the true worshipers worship the Father in Spirit and in TRUTH. All motives and intents must be weighed and if they are founding wanting, there will be no blessing.

2010/11/29 22:43

Re:

Very good points from many of you. I thought I was correct in thinking that many on SI don't see tithing as scriptural.

When you think of the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the liberty of the Spirit and the understanding that no man is justified by the works of the law, tithing is pretty ridiculous nevertheless it is a serious stumblingblock to many. Sad that preachers will teach that you tithe before you pay your bills. I have also heard, "If you don't tithe, God will get it from you some way".

Brothertom really nailed it here.

Tithing is the grease that oils the gears to keep the religious train on it's track.

It pays those who are hired...[unscriptural..] which maintains the clergy/laity..[ unscriptural...] [ we are a nation of priests, and we all have a ministry...] which supports the ONE MAN SHOW....[UNSCRIPTURAL ]AND THE BUILDING WITH IT'S PEWS...[spectators] unscriptural..and the predetermined meeting by the MASTER OF CEREMONIES, who is always the PASTOR.....[ unscriptural ]

[ every mention of Pastors in the new testament is PLURAL...except one time. ]

9 I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us.

10 Therefore, if I come, I will call to mind his deeds which he does, prating against us with malicious words. And not content with that, he himself does not receive the brethren, and forbids those who wish to, putting them out of the church."

Yes, the one time a single pastor is mentioned describes to a T the spirit of the modern hireling professional we have in today's pulpits. Tithing supports this exact system, and keeps the ambitious building their churches. you notice I said "THEIR?"

This is a system that God is tearing down in these last days; mark my words. Those bent on maintaining it...[ mostly by receiving the tithe..] will not enter into the sheep gate of the lord, where brethren dwell in unity...
[ Psalm 133. ]

2010/11/29 23:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy