SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Whatever Happened To Just Simple Believing?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Whatever Happened To Just Simple Believing?

Whatever happened to just simple believing?

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

What is all this other stuff that we've tagged unto ourselves. Like holiness?

I've never seen anything so complicated as holiness.

Don't we know that if we love God and keep His commandments that holiness is a given? No one needs to tell that person that they need to be holy, they are holy. We can't love God, and love this world at the same time, it's impossible.

If we love God and our neighbour and dress provocatively, it's just not possible.

So I say, if we tell people how to live, are we not leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ?

We need to be taught to love God with all our heart soul mind and our strength, and that by loving Him with all our heart, all these other things will fall away with the using.

But if we tell people how to live, we are setting them up for a fall.

We need to encourage people to love God and get alone with Him more than anything in this world. Repentance will come, it has to come when we are in His presence.

God Bless

2010/11/28 19:49
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: Whatever Happened To Just Simple Believing?

"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. John 14:15

"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.John 15:12

2010/11/28 19:55Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Whatever Happened To Just Simple Believing?

If we abide in Christ and HIS
Spirit dwells in us and works
through us; that is the life
GOD has in mind and the walk
GOD wants us to experience!!

2010/11/28 19:58Profile

Re:

Yes Snuf, the simplicity of Jesus Christ. You are so right on!

We use religion today to set up so many different kinds of "personal" ministries and jobs (even paid ones). It is quite a business you know.

When I was born again, no one had to tell me that loving God with all my heart, meant to flee from sin. True fruit of a genuine spiritual birth is hatred of sin and anything that would hurt the one that bled and died for you.

Loving our neighbor as ourselves, means that we will not do anything to defraud or take advantage of them. That we will prefer them above ourselves.

These are the first things the Holy Spirit teaches us. No man has to teach us these things. When you are born-again the love of God is shed abroad in your heart and you are so sensitive to anything that hurts the Lord. You flee from it and repent of it right away.

Back to Basics. Loving God and our neighbor already implies holiness.

I think what has happened is people with good intentions see many things lacking in the church (people) today and so they get a "burden" and start a ministry based on what they see lacking. It has been happening since the early church. The Judaizers thought they saw something lacking in the Galatian believers and adopted their ministry of "making things right".

All we really need is the Lord and brothers and sisters that turn to Him with all their heart. We don't need agendas, programs, activities or sermons.

It is so simple that it confounds the "educated". Those that are wise in their own sight.

Thanks for posting.

2010/11/28 20:43
jimp

Re:

hi, wonderful insight snuff.jimp

2010/11/28 22:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy