SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : For the Christian's "Day of Trouble" - Winslow

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

For the Christian's "Day of Trouble" - Winslow

Is it now with you a “day of trouble”?

God makes no exception as to how, or by whom, or from where your trouble came. It is enough that it is a time of trouble with you, and that you are in sorrow, in difficulty, in trial. God says to you, “Call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver you.”

Resign, then, your unbelief, embrace the promise, and behold Jesus showing Himself through its open lattice. Take yet another glorious promise: “Him that comes unto me I will in no wise cast out.” This is just the promise that a poor, guilty, anxious heart needs. "But dare I with all my sin, and wretchedness, and poverty, take up my rest in Christ? May I, who have been so long an enemy against God, and such a despiser of Christ, and such a neglecter of my soul, and scoffer at its great salvation, approach with a trembling yet assured hope that Christ will receive me, save me, and not cast me out?”

Yes! You may. The promise is absolute and unconditional, and, magnificent and precious as it is, it is yours. “Him that comes unto me I will in no wise cast out. Satan shall not persuade me, sin shall not prevail with me, my own heart shall not constrain me, yes, nothing shall induce me, to cast out that poor sinner who comes to me, believes my word, falls upon my grace, and hides himself in my pierced bosom: I will in no wise cast him out.”

- Octavius Winslow

2010/11/28 19:41Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re: For the Christian's "Day of Trouble" - Winslow

Quote:
Him that comes unto me I will in no wise cast out

amen!

2010/11/28 22:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy