SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Moderator Going to BC for discipleship

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Moderator Going to BC for discipleship

Dear Saints,

I am excited to announce that God has opened doors for me to mentor under the head Calvary Chapel pastor in canada for a season of time. We are going to start with a 3 month period. I will still be active working on the website but feel this will be a very profitable and good use of my time. I read the book by K.P. Yohannan - "Touching Godliness Through Submission" (you can get it here: http://www.gfa.org/store/books It has been a life-changing book and I recommend it to be read by all! And the response and repentance in my life to this book is the fact that I need to be "under" authority and submit to it more in my life.

I have so much to learn and still grow in my walk with the Lord in leadership and ministry and I feel to be under a delegated God appointed authority will be a blessing to my walk with Jesus Christ and will increase the fruitfulness of the ministry.

Please pray for me as I am moving across the country to British Columbia above Vancouver. Pray that God provides for the ministry and that I will use my time well with running sermonindex.net and also spending time serving in the Calvary Chapel local church there with the pastor.

I had the word from God for this 8 months ago in my life and I ignored it, hence it has been a hard 8 months and know I believe I am really getting back to exactly where the Lord wants me in his plan and purpose in my life.

I thank God continually for all the saints, their support, encouragements and prayers who use the forums and the SI resources.

2010/11/28 15:54Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Moderator Going to BC for discipleship

The brother I am going under is Ed Hickey. He is a wonderful brother who has raised up many pastors in the last 10 years by God's grace. I have much to learn from this man and I pray I can be a servant and learn much. Maybe even clean some toilets!

2010/11/28 16:02Profile

Re: Moderator Going to BC for discipleship

Quote:
I had the word from God for this 8 months ago in my life and I ignored it, hence it has been a hard 8 months and know I believe I am really getting back to exactly where the Lord wants me in his plan and purpose in my life.

Thanks Greg for being open with us.

A word of caution if I may concerning your venturing to sit under authority. I am happy that you are obeying the voice of God and if you haven't been under authority before, it's not easy. You lose all your rights as an individual and it's put under the care of the one who is mentoring you. That simply means that when it gets too hot under the collar, the right to run away is not yours to take.

When I was sitting 'casually' under my Pastor, it was one day that we were talking about something and he became stern and what I need to hear was important, and my mind was to walk out, but I felt the hand of the Lord on my head gently putting pressure and I did not resist, I felt being put under my Pastor. Afterwards it got easier to hear him when it came time for me to hear and he was a good friend.

When it comes to a mentor, the only thing we have are two ears. When we have experienced enough, then we'll be given a mouth to speak.

2010/11/28 16:25
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Yes brother I agree. Though some people are in situations where there is an unhealthy lording over the individual to make the person just obey the leader and the leader is not interested in growing the individual but using him for his purposes.

That is not a healthy place to be but i am thankful brother Ed has the view to see me become a servant, to love others, to show mercy and grace to others and to be emptied of self. I am excited at this opportunity and I do realize it might be hard at times to obey or just listen but I am praying God's grace to submit "under" and be teachable.

Oh God just make me a servant, a slave of Christ. To be nothing in myself that Christ may be everything and others may be impacted by His love in my life.

2010/11/28 16:34Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Amen Greg! Probably a great example for the rest of us to follow as well. Thank you for being a blessing!

"He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it."

Blessing and honour be unto His Name forever and ever!

2010/11/28 22:34Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen Brother Greg! Glory to God. Calvary Chapel has a good and solid foundation. You will be blessed. It will be good fellowship. We will continue to hold you up to the Lord. I am excited for you and to hear, when you can, what the Lord is sharing with you. Expect good things from God. It is a two way road. You will be a huge blessing to the Pastor and the congregation as well.

God is with you!

2010/11/29 2:04Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Thank you for the encouragements and prayers saints.

2010/12/1 21:14Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

I am flying off to BC in 2 days. Thank you for your prayers, support and encouragement in this ministry. I know this is the Lord's will for me to be under this local church for a season and to learn to be a servant. I am excited to see sermonindex.net continue to grow as I am in this place.

Just so you all know. The mailing address for the ministry has changed therefore also:

SermonIndex
7003 Skana Cres
Sechelt, BC
V0N 3A4, Canada

2010/12/5 8:49Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Glory to God!

This is excellent news. I will surely go through that message on Authority and Submission. May I also recommend the same title by Watchman Nee. I really love Nee's books but for me that book was the most life changing and practical. Be blessed, you're in my prayers.

2010/12/5 10:59Profile
Nellie

Re: Glory to God!

God Bless you as you are obedient to His Will for your life.
Nellie

2010/12/5 18:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy