Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Rainman wrote:

Quote:
question: I heard a guy on the 700 club talk about gods law of reciprocity. The way he explained it it was kind of leaning to a reciprocity in this current age. Is gods reciprocity towards us limited to "kingdom come"?

Mar 10:29-30
(29) And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
(30) But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Reciprocity now and in the world to come. Do we really think we can sacrifice for Christ and not have Him repay us. This does not mean we can sacrifice a lot as a means of fulfilling lust for things now. Even that concept does not make sense. But we do have Jesus promise of reciprocity in the now and in the then.

There are poor everywhere. "The poor you will have with you always." Some are so because of choice, some because of sin, some because of hard times that were not their own making. All are loved by God and He desires us to minister to them. I cannot meet the needs of every poor person in my community but I can follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in finding a way to minister to those who I can.

2010/11/26 18:24Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

The least of these;
Whose cries are heard--
The least of these;
Whose hearts are known--
The least of these;
Whose cause will be remembered
Before the Cross and before the Throne ??

2010/11/26 18:56Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, the poor and the homeless are ministries that must be incorporated in churches all over the world. to say that they are lazy is crazy.i ministered to the homeless for years in new orleans and some did not know who there parents were or when or where they were born.most had no ss cards or ids for employment.many belonged in mental institutions.almost all were so down that they did not believe they could ever change.only God helped these people.every once in a while a miracle would happen and it would keep US going.Jesus said tell him that the poor are being ministered to...jimp

2010/11/26 20:37Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

JESUS calls us to compassion !!
There are real needs crying out
to be met; and the Body of Christ
is not hearing and answering the
call of compassion!!

2010/11/26 20:54Profile

Re: A WORD FROM JESUS

The real power of that parable is in the way it explains the kingdom of God. If you look at it in light of (first of all the Gospel) and then in light of the parables around it, you will see Jesus was saying, "The feast is ready, all is ready, the Bread of Life has come and He is inviting all to come and feast. But those who were rich (just bought oxen, bought a field, getting married) would not come. So the Master, being so willing and overjoyed to give of all that He has and share with whoever will come, invites those who have nothing....the lame, the poor, the blind, the crippled. (Think Revelation 3)

It is a marvelous picture of the Gospel. God invites men to Himself and requires nothing in return. The Gospel is free, it is a celebration, it is a feast. God only gives things away. And if we receive that salvation. If that is the Gospel we believe, then you can be sure He will shed His love abroad in our hearts, and we will offer the same Gospel to men, whether rich or poor.

2010/11/26 21:39
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

We can't help every poor person in the world, but most certainly there ought to be no one in need who is our brother or sister. We need more sensibility in this area in our churches!
1 John 3:17
But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him?

I hope to see Christians everywhere starting to take commands like this seriously and literally, and I recognize my own shortcomings in this area.

For example, would you sell your expensive SUV and buy two smaller, used cars for the money you get, so you can give one to the family that has none? What about that big house in the suburbs, or the cottage you own? But we think we have a right to these things, we earned them. How much it must grieve the Lord to see us hang our hearts onto things rather than surrendering them to Him (who is the rightful owner anyway). I have never stirred the pot more than when I have brought up thoughts like this in Sunday school or Bible studies...

2010/11/26 21:51Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy