SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : For Pastors Only - Special Encouraging Videos

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 For Pastors Only - Special Encouraging Videos

Ministry brethren,

If you are in full-time ministry or a pastor of a church feel free to signup for this service from Times Square church. They give encouraging video and audio snippets to encourage full-time ministers in their ministries with the Lord.

You can signup freely here: http://www.tscnyc.org/forpastorsonly/

Already 1.700+ pastors are registered.

2010/11/24 12:24Profile
cryinthenite

Re: For Pastors Only - Special Encouraging Videos

To say "for pastors only" is to place them on a pedestal they do not belong. Christ is the head not man.Pastor is just a gift AMONG not over Christs body.All body parts are in need of encouraging words.

2010/11/25 0:53Profile

Re:

cryinthenite,

For anyone that knows anything about mutuality between brethren, referring to each other as brothers and sisters, this is truly sad.

2010/11/27 15:32
Bluegrass

A couple of members have already complained about having a "special designation" for pastors.

I hope this is just a "semantics" problem for them. Surely the Bible gives many different categories of special ministries. Those who administrate, those who prophesy, those who give, leaders, etc.

I see no problem in offering unique teaching for deacons, teachers or leaders in general.I think those people who are serving in positions that the church calls "pastor" have a heavy load these days and we all should do our best to give them the support (yes by doing our designated part) and honor (yes we should honor everyone) they deserve.

Thank you Sermonindex and TSC for offering this service.

2010/11/27 16:34Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

The following is quoted from the tsc website:

"If you are:
•A minister in charge of a church.
•A leader having recognized pastoral care over a group of people.
•A retired minister.
•A credentialed minister currently without a congregation.
•A Bible college student or minister in training.
We invite you to register now." End quote.

"A credentialed minister"? Chapter and verse for that, please.

That would exclude: Paul, Peter, James, John, etc. and who knows how many genuine pastors and leaders throughout the history of the church.

It would exclude Jesus Christ Himself, the "minister of the Sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord pitched, and not man."

Where did He get His credentials from?

How deeply this Babylonian thing is established in our midst!

...I have the greatest respect for Carter Conlon and David Wilkerson, and Times Square Church. But this leaves me heavy hearted.

Wouldn't it have been enough, the heading that said, "A leader having recognized pastoral care over a group of people"?

This is the heading Christ and the early church leaders would have had to sign up under.

2010/11/27 17:07Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

The list of items is aimed at soley people who have the aim at "full-time" ministry which is different then those brothers and sisters that work a job vocationally and do ministry also.

there is an extra level of discouragment and satanic opposition against those that labour fulltime. that is why they made that resource to encourage people in this.

2010/11/27 17:16Profile
staff

Re:

Hi,May I add one thing that in a real sense we are all full time ministers,staff

2010/11/27 17:18Profile
elanham

Maryland

Truly. It seems that in an effort to be or sound spiritual we often reveal a lack of true spirituality. There is absolutely nothing inappropriate about designating a teaching or exortation to leaders or those who are called to Pastor. Paul points out that there is indeed a distiction in calling and function for those called into fulltime service and those who are not. Paul gave Timothy certain instruction that were specifically meant for Bishop, Elders or Pastors. He does that same for Deacons. The things that Paul tells Bishops, Elders or Pastors that they 'must' do does not hold true for believers that are not called to that employment. Some of those 'musts' are for all believers but some of them are only for those leadership callings. I think the abuse of those roles has caused many to become super sensitive and counter productive. There is a reason why Paul sais those who labor in the Word are worthy of double honor. It is true. Those who Labor in the Word ARE worthy of double honor. I think we have dropped this requirement and absolved ourselves from it because of the misuses and abuses of leadership positions. Yet those abuses does not release us from Gods requirement to give double honor to those who labor in the Word. So we are the same as it relates to our position at the Cross. Yet we are not the same when it comes to callings and the requirements of those callings. Are you offended that the Lord might have something to share with someone He has called to be a Elder and not you. Is He indeed the Lord or is He not. He has always and will again give instruction to some of His House that He will not give to others in His House. He is able and just in doing this because the House is His House. So dont be offended at the 'Pastors' only thing please. Lets be a little more patient with each other lest we devour each with opinions and words.

2010/11/27 17:39Profile
Theophila

Re:

What elanham said.

2010/11/27 17:51Profile

elenham said

Quote:
Paul points out that there is indeed a distiction in calling and function for those called into fulltime service and those who are not. Paul gave Timothy certain instruction that were specifically meant for Bishop, Elders or Pastors. He does that same for Deacons. The things that Paul tells Bishops, Elders or Pastors that they 'must' do does not hold true for believers that are not called to that employment.

There is nothing to say that the instructions Paul gave to Timothy were for those who were not also in full-time gainful employment.

Paul himself chose to earn his own living, even though technically he knew he had an historical right to be supported solely by the giving of believers.

1 Corinthians 9:13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

AD said
Quote:
"A credentialed minister"? Chapter and verse for that, please.

That would exclude: Paul, Peter, James, John, etc. and who knows how many genuine pastors and leaders throughout the history of the church.

It would exclude Jesus Christ Himself, the "minister of the Sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord pitched, and not man."

Where did He get His credentials from?

How deeply this Babylonian thing is established in our midst!

...I have the greatest respect for Carter Conlon and David Wilkerson, and Times Square Church. But this leaves me heavy hearted.

While I understand what you're getting at, I think also, so do the ministers at TSC. David Wilkerson has had a ministry of encouragement to 'credentialed ministers' for many years, not all of whom made it back into the ministry.

What I think is on their hearts, is to enable such ministers who have no experience of 'body ministry', to begin to be included with those who do, in such a way as to bless them all; not to prop up erroneus understandings. Many have known nothing but the 'credtentialed minister' model.

2010/11/27 18:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy