SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : When the World Speaks Truth

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
mattandliz

When the World Speaks Truth

The Death of Josiah (2 Chronicles 35:20-24)

20: After all this,when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of egypt came up to fight against carcamish by the euphrates; and Josiah went out against him.

21: But he sent messangers to him, saying," What have I to do with you king of Judah? I have not come against you this day, but against the house in which i have war; for God commanded me to make haste. Refrain from meddling with God, who is with me, lest He destroy you."

22: Nevertheless Josiah would not turn his face from him, but disguised himself so that he might fight with him, and did not heed the words of Nicho from the mouth of God. So he came to fight in the valley of megiddo.

23: And the archers shot king Josiah; and the king said to his servants,"take me away, for I am severely wounded."

24: His servants therefore took him out of the chariot and put him in the second chariotthat he had, and they brought him to Jerusalem. So he died, and was buried in one of the tombs of his fathers. And all Judah and Jerusalem mourned for Josiah.

Josiah was by far the best king judah had since king David. He not only brought reform to the people but tore down the high place's of worship dedicated to baal. His assumtion is that because he is the spiritual leader that he must be in the right.

Brothers and sisters are we humble enough to hear from God through the world if need be. I cant tell you how many times i've been rebuked by an unsaved man as to how a christian should act when i wasnt acting like one.

Isnt it ironic that we fall into pride because of our past obediences.

In Christ,
Matthew

2010/11/23 17:40Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re: When the World Speaks Truth

Should the people of God fail to judge themselves, there will be a judgment of correction come from elsewhere. Our God will receive His due Glory.

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

2010/11/23 17:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy