SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Your Manner Of Living William Gurnall

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Your Manner Of Living William Gurnall

Daily Devotional Nov. 24 (I accidentally read ahead but loved it so much I had to share it today) Glory to God.

What manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hastening unto the coming of the day of God?(2 Peter 3:11-12). Every believing soul is Christ's spouse. The day of conversion is the day when she is betrothed by faith to Christ; and therefore she lives in hope for their marriage day when He will come and take her home to His Farther's house-as Isaac took Rebekah into his mother's tent. And there they will live in His sweet embraces of love, world without end. When the bridegroom comes, does the bride want Him to find her in dirty garments? Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? C(Jeremiah 2:32). Has a bride ever forgotten to have her wedding dress ready on her marriage day? Or does she forget to put it on when she expects her bridegroom's coming?

Holiness is the "raiment of needlework" in which you will be "brought unto the King," your husband (Psalm 45:14). Why has this wedding day been put off for so many years? It has taken a long time for the bride's garment to be completed. But when its preparation is finished and you are dressed in it, then that joyful day will come: "The marriage of the Lamb is come, and Hi wife hath made herself ready" (Revelation 19:7).

Christian, you have no more effective argument to defeat temptation than your hope. Of course it is good when temptation is defeated, no matter what the weapon is. Yet the Israelite's used poor judgment when they borrowed the Philistines' grindstone to "sharpen every man...his axe, and his mattock" (1 Samuel 13:20). So the Christian's choice is inferior when he must use the wicked man's argument to cut though temptation. The saint has more purity of spirit than this. Hope's innocent argument will put you into a stronger tower against sin than all the sophisticated weapons of the uncircumcised world.

2010/11/23 13:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Your Manner Of Living William Gurnall

Joyful_Heart,

Where do you get a Daily Devotional by William Gurnall?

Thanks!!!

Lisa

2010/11/23 16:17Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re: Your Manner Of Living William Gurnall

Let our souls become enraged at the failings of man before our God! Who should mix water with fine wine and call it good? Where is the holy anger which we so admire in those already with Him in Glory? There is no fire in the belly. No hatred for things not God. Arise and fight, you chosen of the Lord!

2010/11/23 16:37Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen Buttermilk! When the Holy Spirit lives in us we can't be around evil things. We can't stay in evil's presence. We can't listen to , look at or hear things that are not of God. It grieves the Spirit in us so much we can't be around it. Unless the Spirit takes us to a person or a place to share Him. Help us Lord Jesus not to be tolerant in this age. Amen

Lysa,

http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Complete-Armour-William-Gurnall/dp/0802411770

I just found one at Amazon for you. Glory to God. It is really encouraging, edifying & uplifting.

2010/11/24 10:50Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

"Oh that My fire were kindled in My children! How I have longed to see you stand up for my Holy Name, The very name I have inherited from My Father. You are My Children! How can you walk in the manner of the world around you any longer. I am willing to embrace you as I have promised. Purify yourselves in My ways."

2010/11/24 11:07Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Complete-Armour-William-Gurnall/dp/0802411770

I just found one at Amazon for you. Glory to God. It is really encouraging, edifying & uplifting.

Wow -- this looks like a wonderful gift! I have tried my best to introduce A CHRISTIAN IN COMPLETE ARMOUR to others. This looks like a good way to do so!

Thanks!

2010/11/24 11:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy