SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pleading the Blood of Christ for protection

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Pleading the Blood of Christ for protection

I would like to add a little.

The blood of Jesus Christ has spiritual power with God. By it, we are cleansed within from sin BECAUSE God accepted Christ's life as THE acceptable sacrifice by which we may be released from the power of sin.

As narrowpath shewed, it is important for us to walk in the light as He is in the light, for if we do not, or if we sin, we give the enemy genuine occasion against us; then we feel out of fellowship with God and it is absolutely fine to pray in such a way as to invite the power of the blood to cleanse from sin again.

Being freed from sin and free from sin, we are a particular prey to spiritual attack.

Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Philippians 2: he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; 11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So, the name of Jesus has power, if we are in Him and He in us, to deal with the strongholds in our lives, as well as spiritual attacks from outside. His Word (scripture) is a sword in our mouth.

We cannot prevent being attacked, but we can resist. Paul mentions both 'the armour of light' Romans 13:12, and 'the whole armour of God' Ephesians 6:

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places]. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

I believe there is far more power in praying for one another than we realise.

The significance of the parts of the body and the items and directions for their protection or use, is all hinted at in the Old Testament in many ways and places, and is a worthwhile study. The ground, in Ephesians 6, is the VICTORY ground.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith. 5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

2010/11/23 21:02
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

narrowpath,

We draw a blood line to keep the devil out. It isn't superstition, quaky stuff. I'llgive you a complete chapter. There is no one verse that says do this. You don't have to. However, those that have revelation do.

Exodus chapter 12. read the whole chapter. It is in the passover. Then conduct a study on the topic.

Pray and study. Andrew Murray and many preachers of old have taught and wrote about it.

2010/11/23 23:20Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

Hmmm, I never knew Jesus would quite working in ones life.
We are in a blood covenant with the Father ( God), through Christ Jesus our Lord.

You can disagree that is your choice.
All i ask is that you spend some time in prayer and study.
Thank you.

2010/11/23 23:28Profile
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re:

I won't argue with that. Amen. However, Paul lived a Holy life and so did all of the Aposles, didn't the devil attack each and everyone of them?

Not everyone will agree with the pleading of the Holy Blood Of Christ and that's fine. But for those whom d,o use the prayer model at the beggining of this thread. Then begin your study and pray for wisdom, knowledge and revelation according to God's will and word.

Again this is not superstitious mumbo jumbo. We draw a blood line in faith to thwart or stop the attacks of the devil on ourselves and family.

2010/11/24 10:57Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

sonsigns, I Love your posts, they are short and sweet, and I can feel your sincere Love for Christ in them, and your sweet spirit you carry. May God continue to Bless you and work through you, to bring in the lost sheep.
God Bless
Mr. Bill

2010/11/24 11:04Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank you all for your kind and loving replies. Two things I do know. One, I will seek and two, God is faithful. Glory to God. May we know Him in Spirit and in Truth and this comes by seeking, asking and waiting. Again, thank you all. Your a blessing.

2010/11/24 11:09Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hello Sonsigns,

Here it says in Exodus:

12For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

13And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.

As some said here before, the blood of the lamb protects from God's judgement. The destroyer was God's angel, and not a satanic entity.

There is a measure of protection when we confess our sins and the blood cleanses us from all sins. Nevertheless Satan does accuse and attack the elect of God and this is what the saints in the OT and NT constantly experienced - even to the point of death. Nobody in the bible ever "claimed the blood" for protection from Satan.

Satan does not have to trouble backslidden or pseudo Christians, because he has them under his control already.

When it comes to the word of God, we must be most accurate or we miss the point. I may sound argumentative but you still have not convinced me by scripture. I you do so, I will easily be convinced.

2010/11/24 13:15Profile
PQ

Europe

Re: Pleading the Blood of Christ for protection

Interesting discussion... I want to add 1 John 2:12-13

The Apostle John mentioned
12 I am writing unto you little children,...

13 I am writing to you, fathers, ... I am writing to you, young men,... I write to you, boys (lads), ...

We all are at different stages in our revelation knowledge (Ginosko - Eido - Epignosis).
A young man 25 years old could be a father. And a person 56 years old and a believer for 30 years could be a little child.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
Romans 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Romans 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
Romans 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Romans 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Romans 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Romans 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Romans 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
Romans 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Romans 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Romans 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Romans 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Romans 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Romans 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Romans 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Romans 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

2010/11/24 14:02Profile
JoanM

Re: The Blood of the Lamb

I appreciate your request, Narrowpath, for scripture.

I am in the middle of a slow and careful study of the whole armor of God, making use of what I know of both the devises of Satan and victory in spiritual warfare. In this conversation, DOUBT of God/His Word is at play.

Have you considered Hebrews 9:19 in context speaks of our being blood-sprinkled as does 1 Peter 1:2. Revelation 12:11 speaks of believers overcoming Satan.

As you say: "the blood of the lamb protects from God's judgment" and "Satan does accuse and attack the elect of God". For example, as you sin against God and your spouse on the way to teaching a Sunday school class, have you ever heard the thought and felt the accompanying feelings, "How can you a hypocrite presume to teach ..." Through His life, that is to say, His blood, it is Christ's righteousness that defends against the attack. Again as you say,the Blood continues to cleanse.

I thank God for the saturating power of the Blood of the Lamb.

There is no real way to have the needed conversation here but meditating on Eph. 6:10-20 could lead to understanding the prayerful spiritual use of the Blood of the Lamb.

2010/11/24 14:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The physical blood of Jesus Christ the Lamb of God is not in Heaven. The physical body of Jesus Christ which is His glorified body given Him in resurrection is flesh and bone and The Spirit of God. It says flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom of God. What was the altar the precious blood of Christ was sprinkled on? The altar was at the Foot of the Cross. That is the cleansing of the whole world the Word of God speaks of. This is just a small excerpt from Gaebeline's bible commentary; This is just the feet shod with the Gospel of peace.

""This perfect peace we have, in which we stand is our preparation. And we have the peace of God as well, yea, the legacy our Lord left unto us, "My peace I give unto you." Therefore we are not terrified by our adversaries (Php 1:28). Israel wandered over the desert rocks and desert sands for forty years with shoes, which did not wear out. We too wander through the wilderness, the feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace, a peace which will last as long as God Himself. Knowing this Peace, knowing we are in God's hands, knowing that we are Christ's and Christ is God's, knowing that all things are ours, we can stand and withstand the wiles of the devil. He cannot touch one who rests in the peace of God and who trusts in the God of peace."" End.

The Blood has done all its work and will never cease. But the living Christ that is in us, "Christ in you the hope of Glory", is our protection and all it takes is to believe that the Whole Armour of God is in us, that is why we are to put it on, It is already there, like a coat in the closet for cold weather, put it on.

This is going to be adversarial, but pleading the blood is like saying I bought a coat and put it in the closet for cold weather. My Coat of Christ was bought by the Precious Blood. Paid for in full, and is not to be accomplished by installment payments of my pleading.

Christ in us is the light and darkness cannot do any harm to anyone who lives in Light and the Light lives in US.
The only way Satan can do anything to a believer is by God's permission to bring us to this Gospel of Peace, Christ. Like Pauls thorn, to keep him from being puffed up by the greatest of all secrets, that is the Mystery of, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory". This new creation race cannot be used to Satan glory, only to Gods. By His perfect will for us.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

God is greater than even my own heart when it condemns me.

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Hebrews 9:24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Romans 8:29-31 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Satan is not our adversary, we are our own worst adversary, by our old man minds which keep us in bondage, bondage to who?

Ga 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Heb 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
2Pe 2:19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

We are not overcome, we are free, "if Christ has set you free, we are free indeed."

In Christ: Phillip

2010/11/24 18:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy