SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Benny Hinn Exposed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
gtenigma

MD

Re: Benny Hinn Exposed?

The videos about Benny Hinn is at the bottom of the page.
http://truthseekers.8m.com/videosheresy.html

My dear brothers and sisters, please don't be deceived by all these crazy things that are being exploited in the name of Jesus Christ.

Brother Zac Poonen talked about this wicked deception in one of his sermons very clearly.

2 Thessalonians 2
"7 For this lawlessness is already at work secretly, and it will remain secret until the one who is holding it back steps out of the way. 8 Then the man of lawlessness will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will consume with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 This evil man will come to do the work of Satan with counterfeit power and signs and miracles. 10 He will use every kind of wicked deception to fool those who are on their way to destruction because they refuse to believe the truth that would save them. 11 So God will send great deception upon them, and they will believe all these lies. 12 Then they will be condemned for not believing the truth and for enjoying the evil they do."

2005/1/11 17:11Profile
Poccets

Re: Benny Hinn Exposed?

I worry more about the people doing the "exposing." I'm sure Benny Hinn in not a perfect man but it seems that whenever there are large amounts of money going through a ministry, such as his, the world and church will come out in hordes to discredit it. Benny Hinn will have to give an account. People act as if he's leading this huge occult with a doctrine that will lead them straight to hell. He doesn't pastor a church and people go to his meetings on their own accord. And give MONEY on their own accord. God does not reward their giving based on what Benny Hinn does with that money.

I have been to a Benny Hinn crusade meeting and was blessed. And I have seen proof of the healings that have taken place. I saw seas of young people rushing the stage to get born again. It was completely awesome. I loved the music and worship. My salvation or doctrine HAS NOT BEEN duped in any way by Benny Hinn. I don't watch him on TV and I don't contribute financially but not for the reasons the "Exposers" would define.

I just think it is sad that believers have to take the role of the Holy Spirit by thinking it is necessary to "protect" us. If you think Benny Hinn is wrong then pray for him.

2005/1/11 20:50Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I just want to remind everyone about what is written in I Thessalonians 5 -- where we are exhorted to "Test everything;" and then, "Hold on to the good."

A few years ago, a story was being told on christian television and in many churches throughout America. The story varied, but essentially told the tale about a group of scientists (or oil drillers, etc...) who were digging "the deepest hole ever on earth." These scientists, for some reason or another, attached a microphone to the end of the drill. To their frightful astonishment -- they heard chilling screams! After hearing the sounds of "Hell," these scientists shut down their drills and headed for the nearest church to get saved! This story spread rapidly. Unfortunately, those who told the story didn't realize that it originated by a couple of guys who wanted to demonstrate how gullible some of their christian friends were. It was later published in a ridiculous supermarket tabloid, which helped spread the story all over the U.S.

Unfortunately, we christians are sometimes willing to believe anything -- as long as someone includes a "thus saith the Lord" or "the Lord spoke this to me." Even in the book of Acts and during the lifetime of Paul, there were false prophets walking the streets proclaiming a message that did not originate from the Lord.

It is truly sad when members of the "christian media" -- or even pastors and evangelists -- turn the Church into a religious circus. But the reasons for such false messages may vary.

Some people are obviously crooked in their hearts -- wanting to make $$$ off of the giving hearts of christians. Unless they repent, their "reward" is obviously a one way ticket to Hell.

Some have a different motivation -- a "Simon the sorcerer" type of attitude, who enjoy a "power trip" authoritarian attitude when it comes to spiritual messages.
Remember, Acts 8 says: [18] "When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money [19] and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit." [20] Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! [21] You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God." Simon thought that his heart was sincere. But his sincerity was not a spiritual sincerity -- but rather, a humanistic one.

There is hope for this type of person. Peter continued by saying to Simon, "[22] Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. [23] For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin. [24] Then Simon answered, "Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me."

And then there are those who actually believe that they are doing God a favor. There may be some people who truly believe in God, but somehow they get caught up into some of this nonsense -- but wholeheartedly believe that God is the driving force within them. I've seen some truly sincere men of God fall into this trap. Unbeknown to them, they cannot realize that their message is not only ignorant -- it is actually dangerous.
However, I truly believe that a person who truly seeks the heart of God will eventually realize that their heart (and message) does not resemble His.

Is Benny Hinn a "wolf in sheep's clothing?"

I can't judge whether or not he is a "wolf." However, it is painfully clear that Benny's message is certainly not Biblical. His attempt to turn the Word into a "mystical experience" through his $2 million-a-show extravaganza -- complete with fancy lights, props, famous "christians," and extra-Biblical activities (blowing on the audience, throwing his jacket on the sick, and constantly asking for $$$ to continue more shows) -- it all makes a spectacle of the Truth.

Benny Hinn may actually believe in what he is doing. But sincerity can only go so far. When I turn on his show and watch one of his "crusades," I actually grow very sad -- because I know that God can not only do more than what Hinn gives Him credit for -- but I grow sad because God DESERVES better. It seems that Benny Hinn is the focal point of the show. From the white suit, to his constant defense of his position and "special annointing," Benny Hinn is what keeps the show moving.

When I was 15 (I'm a college student now), I used to watch Benny Hinn and wonder, "If Benny Hinn really believes his own message, why doesn't he go to the hospitals and heal the sick?" I also wondered why Benny Hinn only went to arenas that seat large crowds. I imagine Paul the Apostle could have held crusades in Roman colosseums during his time -- but Paul went everywhere (just like Jesus did). Paul did everything he could to demonstrate that he was only a man. And then he explained that the same Spirit that dwelt in him dwells in us also. Instead of traveling far to "receive a special annointing" from a preacher -- you can go to your prayer closet and meet with God himself.

And yes, Benny Hinn did publically "repent" after one of the many undercover exposures by the mainstream media (including his multiple mansions, $80-120K vehicles, large staff of bodyguards, $20K suits, weird acts of "transferring the annointing," etc...). But he has since returned shamelessly to many of the same practices that prompted the undercover exposes in the first place! This is so very sad -- especially since he said that God had "exposed him" in the first place.

I long for the day when a famous media "evangelist" or christian singer/author comes to the revelation that "He must increase; I must decrease." Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case on TBN, christian bookstores or christian radio stations. It seems like the famous christian "minister" is stuck in a type of "publicity-darwinism" or "survival of the most visible."

The Church today so desperately needs some Leonard Ravenhill's and Keith Green's. The promising thing is that they are out there -- just not as vocal as they should be. Maybe this is because of fear of becoming what we are exposing. Or maybe its because we are just fearful. Its never popular to go against the flow. But let's pray that the Church takes that Berean attitude -- and test everything that modern christianity has considered "doctrine" and examine it all by the light of the true Word of God (and not by tradition, neo-tradition or anti-traditional zealousness).

Sorry that this is so long. But thanks for the ear, er, eye.

:-)

2005/1/12 0:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Poccets

Quote:
I have been to a Benny Hinn crusade meeting and was blessed. And I have seen proof of the healings that have taken place.

Quote:
I don't watch him on TV and I don't contribute financially but not for the reasons the "Exposers" would define.

Wouldn't that then make it rather difficult to defend your position?

Brother, there is a lot of problems with what he is doing and the issue isn't some type of bashing but a warning. Some of us have had quite a bit of exposure to these types of ministries, I followed Benny for quite some time going to conventions and the like. Gave lot's of money and surely allowed it, but believe me, there is much manipulation going on especially in the realm of giving.

It is important that we warn the unknowing and the ignorant about these things and it is biblical to do so. No need to go into all the areas again, there are many prior threads around here that bring out the problems associated.
Quote:
If you think Benny Hinn is wrong then pray for him.

Indeed. In fact he came up today ironically enough. Here's a thought from an excellent thread;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=4177&forum=45&post_id=&refresh=Go]Amy Wilson Carmichael - If [/url]

[i][b]If[/i][/b] I can rebuke without a pang, [i][b]then I know nothing of Calvary love[/i][/b].

2005/1/12 0:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I agree.

I know some people who at one time donated alot of $$$ to Benny Hinn -- only to regret it deeply now. At the time, they wholeheartedly defended him among his "critics," but now cannot understand why they stood by him.

As a matter of fact, I even watched my sister's ex-boyfriend's mother get "healed" at one of his crusades. I was watching the Hinn crusade on television, when Benny Hinn had the woman get on stage and tell her experience of feeling a "burning sensation." She explained how she has suffered from severe diabetes for many years (among a couple of other ailments). She also explained that her husband is a hispanic Presbyterian minister who is not very open to the "charasmatic lifestyle." He told her on national television how God had healed her -- and that God had told him that the sickness would never return again! She was a very honest woman, but like many, she is also prone to the "suggestive understanding" that is often substituted as a "word from the Lord." She went home, threw away her medicine, and told her husband what had happened. He reacted fairly openly to her experience, knowing her to be an honest person. He watched her "healing" on television. He even attended a Benny Hinn crusade, and even mingled his church services with some of the same theatrics that he witnessed there.

And then the bottom fell out. This lady passed away about three months later. The doctor explained that it was a result of believing that she was healed -- and throwing away her medicine. In fact, she died STILL BELIEVING that she was healed! She wouldn't even listen to the doctor!

While some people who heard her story have commended the woman for her "faith" -- her husband and son have since grown very disturbed by the "ministry" of Benny Hinn. Her husband now considers Benny Hinn a "false prophet" and "thief" because his lies "stole" his wife. Her son even considered a lawsuit against Benny Hinn Ministries.

Unfortunately, Christians feel that by "testing everything" that they are demonstrating a lack of faith. Nothing could be further from the truth! By "testing everything," a christian is showing faith in the Word of God -- and not the supposed "experiences of man." The Word of God is the only true and safe test for our experiences. In fact, if your "experience" does not line up with God's Word -- then your experience is a lie.

This is true with alot of "charasmatic" experience. I see Christians who feel that God will not "move" in their church service unless they turn down the lights, sing the "right" songs, shed tears, speak softly (or mystically), dance, or do all of the right prescriptive things. Its sort of like a "charasmatic rain dance." Some early native Americans used to believe that a certain dance would "bring the rain." But the fact remains: all of their dancing didn't bring any rain -- only false religious ecstacy. So it is in church.

All of these "prescriptive" actions now incorporated in church services have nothing to do with God's presence. In fact, it actually demonstrates a lack of faith. Why? Because people begin to believe that God visited them BECAUSE of something they did -- rather than realizing that he is always "as close as the mention of his name."

2005/1/12 9:46Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
And then the bottom fell out. This lady passed away about three months later. The doctor explained that it was a result of believing that she was healed -- and throwing away her medicine. In fact, she died STILL BELIEVING that she was healed! She wouldn't even listen to the doctor!

And that is why we like Paul;

"Act 20:29 I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;
Act 20:30 and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them.
Act 20:31 Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with [b][i]tears[/i][/b]."

THIS is exactly why we are so adamant towards these 'ministries', this is not the first horror story I have heard, nor will it be the last. We exhort everyone....

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1724]Run For Your Life[/url] (by Carter Conlon)

Ahh, when will this end?
Thanks brother, all that you have written here needs to be taken to heart.

2005/1/12 10:29Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Thanks for the verses. It is definitely sad that some people are so prone to be swept away "by every wind of doctrine." And usually, they mean so well. But it is also encouraging that we serve a God who, through a close relationship with Him, can keep us from falling.

Keep the faith...and keep it STRONG!
Jeremiah 29:11-13

2005/1/13 23:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy