SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Benny Hinn Exposed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I haven't gotten around to check all the PDF's yet, but this seems to be a pretty weak attempt to "expose" Benny Hinn. Not only does it seem weak, it seems to clearly be sinful.

Its true that 'fifth-estate' and others are secular institutions but really it shows the sad state of the church that can't disern and debunk these things so the world has too making both the sharlation and the dupped look silly.

2004/11/4 10:25Profile
todd

California

Re:

Greg,
Here's that quotation from the article that I put in my earlier post:
"But the fifth estate obtained confidential financial records from inside the Hinn ministry. These documents were provided by individuals who say they want the public to know how Benny Hinn spends the money entrusted to him."

You responded:
"Its true that 'fifth-estate' and others are secular institutions but really it shows the sad state of the church that can't disern and debunk these things so the world has too making both the sharlation and the dupped look silly."

Just to clarify, in my post I was not speaking of the integrity of the "fifth-estate" but the "individuals who say they want the public to know how Benny Hinn spends the money entrusted to him." It seems that they are the ones who provided the fifth-estate with the documents. They are the ones who seemingly compromised their standards of righteousness and thier integrity in a (seemingly unsuccessful) attempt to expose someone else's unrighteousness and lack of integrity.

2004/11/4 21:36Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

Yes brother Greg I saw the dateline show when it came out. the word says even those against you will help you. we MUST believe in the unseen for the things we see. God's will, will be done. God is not mocked, the things done in the dark will be shouted from the roof tops. the word says that leaders are to be held to a higher standard. It's God's standard that all leaders should be worryed about not mans. We serve a God who knows mens hearts. we can hide nothing from him in his light, and if we are in his light then how can we be doing things in the dark that will be shouted from the house tops, isn't satellite dishes on our roof top's?
It's a fearful thing to be in the hands of a living God. But in his hands is where I want to be.

2004/11/5 0:13Profile
dohzman

Re:

Not to defend him but if you rember -right after that he publically repented and sold his mansion and expensive car and moved into a moderate house and a less expensive car.How ever that being said I haven't listened to him enough or followed his prophetic words close enough to see if they are pointing to Jesus or what. I was just immpressed at his outward repentance after that news piece, that's all.

2004/11/5 0:28Profile
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

Quote:
"We MUST believe in the unseen for the things we see. God's will, will be done. God is not mocked, the things done in the dark will be shouted from the roof tops. the word says that leaders are to be held to a higher standard." Very well said.

In light of this thread, I am reminded of an article posted here on sermonindex, entitled: THe Money Changers by David Ravenhill.

To quote the 1st paragraph:
I’m convinced that the carnal, cunning, conniving, crooked crooks that Jesus drove out of the Temple are still among us today. These modern day moneychangers are forever devising new and deceptive doctrines to defraud God’s people out of His/their money. These masters of deceit have now set up their changing tables throughout the Christian television industry.
I’m absolutely certain that if Jesus returned today He would walk into the vast majority of these television studios and overthrow the cameras, lights, monitors, and soundboards. He would unplug the microphones and scatter the makeup colors around as He went about destroying the stages and backdrops.

God says, My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. When someone does not take the time to have an intimate relationship with God through reading the Word, prayer and fasting they will not know THE TRUTH!! God's heart yearns for a people who will come to know HIM.

Am_Lovin_HIM

2004/11/5 0:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Jouko wrote:

Quote:
How many times do these people have to be exposed?

As many times as necessary. Yes it's ugly and loathsome to do so and would rather just leave it well enough alone. But people are being affected and misled, bilked out of their money, sold a false gospel and in the name of Christian charity we are somehow supposed to just ignore it. If it does just one singular souls good to cause the same questions to rise up within them and cause them to turn from this madness, it is worth all the trouble and misunderstood motives of those who will speak up. I thank God some did and that I listened.

More.
[url=http://www.pfo.org/thin-ice.htm]Skating on Thin Ice[/url]

2004/11/5 1:19Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

That was the point of my post Mike. How many times and yet still being deceived ? How many times did the prophets of old warn Israel of their sins ? As many times as was necessary, as many times as God decreed. No difference today.
We are to be Bereans and search the Scriptures no matter who preaches, and especially when somebody preaches.

2004/11/5 4:57Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Modern so called prophets

Modern so called prophets soothe, make nice and present instructions on how to receive blessings and how to enter a state of affluence. Their god – intentionally spelled with a small “g” - tells how to get ready for the next step in the undefined development of the kingdom which never materialises.
Their favourite composition hits the grand accord “Everything is all right. I want you to feel, feel good, feel very good.” Their counterpart in the profane sector of the same genre comes out “I’m OK, you are OK.”
The modern namedropper, dropping his business card with its nice logotypes alluding to spiritual realities and with bombastic exposure of stolen titles, never makes any demands except on the purses of the audience. He rather instructs them to open up, to shut down the apparatus installed by the Lord which was made for thinking, discernment and sound judgment, to lower their defence in every possible way for the sake of an invasion from the spiritual realm. A new thing coming, a new thing coming.

The New Testament prophet dresses his office with one aspiration – spiritual maturity, ability to handle life’s many obstacles with heavenly sobriety.
The New Testament prophet defends the faith which was given once and for all, a heavenly framework within which man can commune with the Lord who sits on the throne, for ever praying for the full salvation and sanctification of the saints. This prophet gives his life in prayer, as the Lord did, for the shattered and battered sheep.
The New Testament prophet works intensely to secure a revelation of what is heavenly to be displayed in his own life for the encouragement among saints unto holy endeavours.

This is what we long for and pray for and reach out for. Nothing else satisfies.
Lars W.

2004/11/5 5:07Profile
Star23

Manila, Philippines

Re: Benny Hinn Exposed?

Good Day!

Praise be to God for all of this. A friend of mine gave me this link in this site and indeed it is so helpful for me to be able to be warned about this preacher. I was about to attend a prayer and healing conference in the big dome here in my country and so happened that I have a fellowship with this friend on-line. I told him about going into that conference and this friend was so quick to gave me reasons not to. At first I was taken aback but then with thorough reading and examination provided by this site I came to know this man that I will supposed to listen later this week. Indeed God is truly good...He provided me ways not to fall into the trap of the enemy...thank you for this site as well and to God be the glory for all of these....

2005/1/11 4:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Star,

Oh, I am so glad I could not begin to tell you.
Am short on time but wanted to note that I was one who did fall into the trap and having escaped this is truely remarkable. God bless you for your humble heart, hope you stick around, there is so much here...

A warm welcome to you.

2005/1/11 10:34Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy