SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Benny Hinn Exposed?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Benny Hinn Exposed?

I watched a documentrary that appeared on Canadian telivison tonight on Benny Hinn exposing alot of the abuses money wise he and the ministry use and also no verifications of healings in his crusades.

Here is the link to the documentrary online:
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/main_miracles.html

They actually show bills of the spenditure of benny hinn when going to certain locations always being five-star hotels, etc.

This is quite sad that many of these big time ministries are being exposed in america. God help us when they all are brought out into the open. How awful a site at the judgement seat of Christ.

2004/11/3 21:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Benny Hinn Exposed?

It is sad and amongst the atrociates commited against the ignorant (as I once was) is the face they give to what unbelivers think Christianity is all about.

Funny, just got the latest BH 'Covenant Partner' newsletter/ propoganda mailing today. Am stuck in their perputaul mailing list though I have begged off. He has begun to quote C.T Studd, Hudson Taylor and weave it all into the grand finale of:

"Sow your seed ($) for souls. We must not delay!...."

I am glad to see these things exposed, wish there was more of it.

2004/11/3 22:22Profile
grasshopper

Toronto, Canada

what saddens me is that the name of Christ takes another blow. Once again unbelievers will judge all believers based on the actions of a few. We saw this with Jim Baker and Jimmy Swaggart.
respectfully,
Dave

2004/11/4 0:19Profile
todd

California

I haven't gotten around to check all the PDF's yet, but this seems to be a pretty weak attempt to "expose" Benny Hinn. Not only does it seem weak, it seems to clearly be sinful.

The biblical model seems to be clear that if you have a problem with a brother you go to him first alone, then with someone else, and finally if that doesn't do it you may be justified to go public. But what did these folks do?

Quote:
"But the fifth estate obtained confidential financial records from inside the Hinn ministry. These documents were provided by individuals who say they want the public to know how Benny Hinn spends the money entrusted to him."

Uh... right.

So let's compromise our integrity to expose what we think might be someone else's compromises. Let's betray someone's trust to and then ask others to believe us. Let's "expose" unrighteousness by using an unrighteous method. That's a real trustworthy source, right?

I don't really like doing the sarcastic thing (above), but that seems to be the easiest way to make the point. I could be missing something like maybe the people who seemingly went behind Benny's back and betrayed his trust already went to him, etc. But it doesn't seem like that's the case here.

Benny Hinn "exposed"? I don't think so. Even quickly looking through the "evidence" like his hotel records, I don't see anything that is clearly wrong.

2004/11/4 1:17Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Apply the most simplified and the most profound test of them all:
Would the Lord have done the same thing as these prophets and evangelists do in the name of the Lord?
If we applied this rule and plumb line in our ministries and meetings the Hinn’s and the Cain’s would be out of business before they even had acquired some sort of name. Or, perhaps they would have been corrected and made to be a blessing to the Church.
Lars

2004/11/4 2:02Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

How many times do these people have to be exposed?

2004/11/4 2:41Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

It goes on and on simply because people in general want to be deceived.
Many shall be deceived, in the end time, because we have constructed a church system with no mechanisms of correction.
Many shall be deceived, in the end time, because what is offered as spirituality does not cost anything except for a few dollars – and many are ready to pay a lot for this type of entertainment which in a sense reduces the requirement regarding the Cross applied in personal life.
Lars

2004/11/4 2:53Profile
cornerstone

Singapore / Australia (Melbourne)

Re:

A few years ago he was on 60 Minitue (Australia). They questioning him about his lifestyle and where the offerings went, I personally I was stumbled.

2004/11/4 6:27Profile
PastorEdP

Clinch Mountain, Virginia

Re:

Remember what P. T. Barnum said, Lars? "There's a sucker born every minute." In this, sadly, Christians are no different than anyone else. That's why there are so many successful false teachers and prophets out there. Benny Hinn is doing nothing more than selling indulgences and saying what people want to hear, in spite of the Gospel. How sad that so many have so little discernment that they are willingly buying into Benny's scam.

2004/11/4 6:39Profile
Rahman

Brother Lars,

Yours (to me) is the most quiet, consistent, grounded voice of our Lord on this forum (with chief emphasis on GROUNDED), and i praise God for you ...

You wrote;
"Apply the most simplified and the most profound test of them all: Would the Lord have done the same thing as these prophets and evangelists do in the name of the Lord? If we applied this rule and plumb line in our ministries and meetings the Hinn’s and the Cain’s would be out of business before they even had acquired some sort of name".

Exactly!!! ... but so many love a circus ...

The Lord has recently been taking me thru Amos, where the importance of the "plumb line" really becomes manifest ... i sit and look at guys like Hinn (praying that i'm not being personally judgmental) and ask our Lord, "Jesus why do they have to be so theatrical"? ... "Why do they seek so much publicity in these huge crusades if in fact the Spirit has bestowed upon them the gift of healing, when You Yourself often healed, but told those healed not to tell anyone"? ... "Why do they not follow scriptural admonition that they not let their left hand know, what their right hand is doing"? ... "Why do they have to wear such expensive tailor made clothing, bling-bling jewelry, drive such ostentatious automobiles, and live in such extravagant mansions, as to cause the unsaved and babes in Christ to stumble"? ... Mature saints know why ... "Because they've turned You into their own lucrative buisness, by lucre sucking Your Body, and fleecing Your sheep" ... But as is written by the prophet Jeremiah ... their days are numbered ... their demise much sooner than later ... Free your Body from all parasites Lord God, in the name of Jesus ... Amen

2004/11/4 9:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy