SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Anger of the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Anger of the Lord

Hey guys,

I am writting a new artical and would appreciate your prayers. It is on "The Anger of the Lord". It's going to be a powerful artical so I wanted to request your prayers. Your knees are needed. I want to write with the mind and heart of God. I need the compassion of Christ also.

Thanks!

2004/11/3 21:54
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The Anger of the Lord

Quote:
I am writting a new artical and would appreciate your prayers. It is on "The Anger of the Lord". It's going to be a powerful artical so I wanted to request your prayers. Your knees are needed. I want to write with the mind and heart of God. I need the compassion of Christ also.

Amen brother Jesse! I am glad the Lord is putting something on your heart, I pray He brings it forth through your vessel that many shall be edifyed and built up into Christ who is our head. Looking forward to this item. ;-)

2004/11/3 21:58Profile

from the pen of Brainerd

"Feb. 15, 1745

Was engaged in writing almost the whole day. In the evening was much assisted in meditating on that precious text, John 7:37. 'Jesus stood and cried,' &c. I had then a sweet sense of the free grace of the Gospel; my soul was encouraged, warmed and quickened. My desires were drawn out after God in prayer; and my soul was watchful, afraid of losing such a guest as I then entertained. I continued long in prayer and meditation, intermixing one with the other; and was unwilling to be diverted by anything at all from so sweet an exercise. I longed to proclaim the grace I then meditated upon, to the world of sinners. O how quick and powerful is the Word of the blessed God".

"On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, 'If anyone is thristy, let him come to me and drink'".

John 7:37 (NIV)

Brother Jesse,
don't know why I just wrote that to ya, but when I read your post, the Spirit in me gave me that for you.
I love you.
Neil

2004/11/4 19:26

Re: from the pen of Brainerd

Hey thank you! I read David Brainerd journal roughly a year ago and strangly enough I actually remembered that, well, I remembered "Was engaged in writing almost the whole day. In the evening was much assisted in meditating".

Thanks alot!

I should be completely finished with the artical by the end of the night (I'm pulling an all nighter) or within the next two days however I want it to ferment probably a week before I post it.

2004/11/4 21:23

Re:

I thought I would share this quick part from the introduction:

"I am so tired of hearing nice lovely pleasant to my heart and ear messages! That is the most comfortable way to kill the church! It makes the church feel good while it dies rather then curing the church of its blindness. What will wake up the church from its deep slumber which it has fallen into? We need to hear confronting, convicting, and correcting messages or else sin won’t be confronted, sinners won’t be convicted, and lives won’t be corrected! Sure some people won’t like it. Some people will hate it. In fact, most people will hate it. But I have learned that no matter what you say, how you say it, or where you say it, there will always be somebody, somewhere, who doesn’t like it for some reason. If only we started preaching the truth and didn’t worry how people would respond to it. If only we were like Stephen in the book of Acts when he preached and put ours eyes on Jesus sitting on the throne rather then putting our eyes on people, maybe then we would see great moving of God. You will never please the audience of One until you perform for the audience of One."

2004/11/4 21:28
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

I thought about copying the text.. but no need.

I can only say AMEN!!! Preach on. Can't wait to read the rest of the text.

Blessings to you,
Sister Dorothy

2004/11/5 0:21Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Hey Jesse,

How right you are. Our ears are being tickled with social talks, 10 minutes sermons, a multitude of examples and very little from the Bible. This won’t bring us much further in our relationship with God. If we want the Spirit to work with power, we have to preach the Word with boldness, for the Word is the Sword of the Spirit (Eph 6:17).

I have only one comment…an encouraging one I hope. When you wrote:

Quote:
If only we were like Stephen in the book of Acts when he preached and put ours eyes on Jesus sitting on the throne

In many verses we read that Jesus is seated on the throne: [i]“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God”[/i] (Col 3:1, Luke 22:69, Hebr 8:1). It shows us that His work has been accomplished…“It is finished”. He is the King!

But what is so awesome to see is this. When Stephen is testifying from His Lord, speaking the truth, and when the people hearing him got pretty mad…it doesn’t say that Jesus sat at the right hand of God…no it says that Jesus [b]STOOD[/b]! [i]“But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus [b]standing[/b] on the right hand of God” (Acts 7:56)[/i].

When we speak His truth and are not ashamed of the Gospel…we’re not the only ones’ standing! It is Jesus Himself standing. How honoured He is, when we, maybe trembling, share the Gospel. And He’s going to help us in it. In Mark 16:20 it says [i]“And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord [b]working with them, and confirming the word[/b] with signs following”[/i] …as I’m writing these words I see that I have to learn this lesson more and more…

In my devotion this morning I read these verses that really struck me:
[i]“I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word” (2 Tim 4:1-2)[/i]

He’s [b]CHARGING[/b] us…why? Because Jesus Christ shall judge the quick and the dead…what to do? Preach the word! There are only two times we should preach the Gospel: IN season and OUT of season :-P

God bless your heart. [i]“But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts” (1 Tes 2:4)[/i]

Keep focused, keep burning…

In the righteous Judge and Saviour!

Proud to be a brother, Paul

p.s. I loved that statement:
Quote:
You will never please the audience of One until you perform for the audience of One

Amen brother :-)

2004/11/5 4:19Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re: The Anger of the Lord

Jesse,

Your opening remarks caught my eye and alerted my attention.
We will be praying out here.
Writing is a craftsmanship which is not learned in a day or by doing one article.
One only learns by writing and rewriting, writing the same message over and over again.
Lars

2004/11/5 4:27Profile

Re:

DezCall your absolutely right. The fact that Jesus was standing is very important. I've heard that taught on before and i guess simply didn't think about it when I was writting. I'm changing it now.

lwpray is write. Writting is something you get better at in time. Truth is, I really don't know anything at all about writting. I'm getting better the more that I write. I'm studying now on writting sermons better and that is helping me with my writting because I can apply certain things. I plan on writting for the rest of my life so hopefully by the end of my life I'll get the hang of it.

2004/11/5 8:17
rocklife

usa

Re:

Lazarus, in response to this article intro, I'd like to direct you to Preacher Herb Reavis Jr at www.njbc.org/watch.htm and his messages of God- Fearers and Non-Stop servants. If you want to hear some powerful messages from a preacher who points out sins to the whole church, listen to some of these sermons. The sermon available to watch is powerful also, but the singing takes 15 minutes or so before hand. This preacher is great to hear, and he mentions hell all the time (surprising in this day and age), with the Lord ship of Jesus and God's grace and True Christian living.

2004/11/8 0:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy