SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Canadian PM: I Will Defend Israel 'whatever the cost'

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

Just out of curiosity, on what basis do people say that Stephen Harper is a genuine Christian?

The reason I ask is because I know that many political leaders have played the "religious card" in order to get people's votes and support. For example, George Bush was long heralded as a born-again Christian. He played the religious card very well, and many people extolled his supposed faith in Jesus Christ. He seemed to have everything:
1) What seemed to be a testimony of repentance;
2) Support for Israel;
3) Against abortion;
4) Christian-like values and language;
5) Membership in an evangelical church…

However, as soon as Bush was out of office, his true colors came out. He denied that Christ was the only way to be saved, denied that the Bible is the truth, affirmed that Muslims will be saved, and shrugged people who take a stand for the truth as arrogant people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6o15aBqC4g

I counsel people to be cautious and not to assume that a person is a Christian just because that person claims to be, especially not political leaders. As for Stephen Harper, I honestly don’t know where he stands. But, I prefer staying on the side of caution.

2010/11/12 15:57Profile

Re:

Harper grew up in the Christian Missionary Alliance Church just up the street from me in Etobicoke Ontario. He was a Christian as a youth and not out of
political expedience as so many are.

2010/11/12 16:56

Re:

The Kingdom of God is in man. Since I am of the opinion that the Kingdom of God is here, Christ rules today over all kingdoms of the earth. If the Kingdom of God hasn't come, what is the Holy Ghost which is in us? The kingdom of God and the kingdoms of the this world are all orchestrated by God Himself. It's our duty to be concerned about the kingdom of God, but that may also include one of us governing in that kingdom which may include a country in this world.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh NOT with observation:

2010/11/12 19:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy