SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "Christ is not the only truth"?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
buttermilk80

Ohio

"Christ is not the only truth"?

In this world of "relative truth" I've grown tired of hearing that Christians are an out dated, stinking, and authoritarian group. I also stand against those who presume to call themselves Christians by their own mouths, yet have not presented themselves to God for His will through Jesus' sacrifice. I offer this as a testimony of where God places me in Christ. If it does the hearts of my brothers good, well then. . . good. If not, then I've only burned up a few electons.

-------------------------------------------

Often, when I encounter non-christians on the internet and speak of the singularity of truth found in Christ, there exists an assumption that Christians are an exclusive group of people. They think we have no right to run down other "religions" as secondary to Christianity. Two things must be said about this. The first thing to be said is: "You're right". Christ has set us apart as a singular approach to God the Father. No one comes to the Father but through Jesus Christ His Son. The second thing that must be said about the singularity of Christians before the Father in Heaven is this: We do not own this great privilege because we chose to believe we are better than other people. We come to know God the Father through Jesus because we are taught by His Spirit, which lives in us.

It is not possible for non-christians to understand what I just said in point two. Even this statement will arouse hatred in their hearts for God's people. Only those who have the Spirit of God within them, by the power of Christ's sacrifice and saving power, are able to understand this concept. I can't give you this power, it comes from God Himself. You can't learn this power, it is from God Himself and is not available to men on their own strength. We come into this power as a gift of God in Christ Jesus.

Now, let me be very clear about where I stand in this post. There is no salvation outside of the Spirit of God. It is through Christ Jesus, alone, that salvation into eternity will be found. This is not my rule. It is the rule of God the Father. I don't want to see anyone die. But if you don't accept Jesus as the shield against the judgment of God, you will die.

Rage and rant all you will against Christian's, it will do you no good in the end. When you rant and rage against us, you rant and rage against the very power of the God in which you say you believe. He has done this for us. He did not consult man when he set Jesus apart as the savior. He will not consult your words and actions in determining what is truth. He alone is truth. More over, God set Jesus apart for this role from the foundation of the world.

We know Him who calls us heavenward. We don't assume we're right. The Spirit of God confirms our belief. We live in the power of the Living God. What we believe is not "religion". It is a living faith provided by God Himself.

Knowing what I do about the future of those who do not accept this truth, I am sorry for all you who won't accept His gift. You are on the very edge of learning that what I've presented here is truth. How woeful will be the cry of those who heard this message and refused to submit themselves to Jesus' authority in this life. Wether you believe me or not is of no concern to me. But it will be of great concern to you.

Father, I ask that you open the eyes of anyone who reads this entry. Help them understand that what I have written is the truth You have set in the blood of Jesus for all eternity.

2010/11/12 8:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: "Christ is not the only truth"?

Paul,

Appreciate your heart for truth! It IS a mean world out there, one that is not friendly to Christians unless you have a natural disaster strike and then most will want to benefit from the benevolent ministries that converge on the scene to render assistance. BTW, how many atheists organizations ever do anything like this?

Have you ever heard of Ravi Zacharias? He deals much with the issues you just shared. Listening to him has helped me a lot in understanding this strong opposition towards TRUTH. (My husband and I both love to listen to him.) Here is the link to his radio broadcasts archives: http://www.rzim.org/resources/listen/letmypeoplethink.aspx?archive=1

Be blessed....

ginnyrose

2010/11/12 9:27Profile
buttermilk80

Ohio

Re:

Oh yes yea yeah. Isn't it wonderful to hear the word of God in the power of the Spirit??????!!!!!!!

And isn't it awesome to learn to love the taste of truth!

2010/11/12 9:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy