SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Doubt (crisis)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
libra86

Doubt (crisis)

Hi im 22 year old man from norway and my english is not the best but i have to try ,this is a personal crisis

im cumming her to you becuse my local priest cant . guide me well enouch , i dosent have enouch Knowledge.

you see i have been reading a lot on the web, about evolution

and i have to say that the evedence for it to be true is overwelming ,

i hav read the pro and cons and the really is no way not to belive in it.
and now my faith is in grave danger and so is my life as i know it

does any one have somhing to help me here somthing to lean on some flaw in evolution ,

i am not stupid, things like , its an theroy not an law will not cut it

Despratly :
Roger pettersen

2010/11/9 9:00Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Doubt (crisis)

There is a lot of good information on this website.

http://www.icr.org/

It might also help, since you understand the concept of law's in science, that all evolution is only a theory. There, in fact, are not that many scientific "laws" out there.

I will be praying for you Roger.

Rather than making "creation vs. evolution" the decisive factor of what you believe, understand that Christianity and salvation comes from belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The devil will do anything to distract you from that concept. Look into the resurrection, disprove that first. Then you can accept evolution.

http://www.av1611.org/resur.html

2010/11/9 9:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I suggest you try this site:
http://www.icr.org/

It is the home for Institute for Creation Research.

A few years ago some professors from Mississippi State University would sponsor their speakers on their campus. (They did this more then once.) We ended up having one of them come speak at our church. Our MSU student-son thought highly of this man and his message.

Hope this helps.

ginnyrose

2010/11/9 9:14Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Have you witnessed fish growing
wings?? walking out of the water
and breathing air??
Have you ever found a cold-blooded
reptile or snake suddenly become
a warm-blooded creature??
Has an ape ever walked out of the
jungle to shake your hand and say
"Hello, I am your long-lost ancestor??"
Why do you seek knowledge from a
priest instead of asking GOD for wisdom??
Why would you trust in Darwin instead
of trusting in a Sovereign Creator Who
designed and planned it all for HIS
glory and purpose??

2010/11/9 9:19Profile
libra86

Re:

this is the kind of idiotic thing i was thinking would happen , you sir ar clerly a man of lesser information ,

i have not seen any one of these amazing things and no one has but if you now anything about evotution ,it means to evolve, a prosses that take millions of years , and as far i i know no human live more that an lille over 100 so thaty would be rather hard ,

but i have seen evolution on a smaler scale , one of the most known forms for is evolving bacteria , bacteria get resistend to drug tretments , and hav evolved a defence agenst drig treatmens

in the question wy i dont go to god is simple, he cant speak a priest can..

you other guys m that for that site there is a lot of information the some good som total bullshit

2010/11/9 9:43Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Roger,

In order to believe in that we all evolved from a single cell organism you have to have Faith in the unseen. You have fossils that have to be interpreted and believed. we have not seen one species evolve into another, it must be believed by Faith not sight.

Now we have witnesses to Jesus. We have the Gospels. We have the witness of the Holy spirit with our spirit. We have historical evidence of Jesus. But we who have not seen must still believe that He rose from the Dead by Faith. But there is still evidence such as a changed life, like mine. I used to be a drug addict criminal before God. I am now a new creation.

Where are you going to place your Faith? Trust in Jesus alone for he can save you. Evolution cannot.

Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." John 20:29

2010/11/9 9:46Profile

Quote:
Have you witnessed fish growing
wings?? walking out of the water
and breathing air??
Have you ever found a cold-blooded
reptile or snake suddenly become
a warm-blooded creature??
Has an ape ever walked out of the
jungle to shake your hand and say
"Hello, I am your long-lost ancestor??"
Why do you seek knowledge from a
priest instead of asking GOD for wisdom??
Why would you trust in Darwin instead
of trusting in a Sovereign Creator Who
designed and planned it all for HIS
glory and purpose??

Lord forgive us. Have mercy on us for we think it is more important to win an argument than to win a brother. Lord have mercy on us. Forgive us Lord.

Quote:
Hi im 22 year old man from norway and my english is not the best but i have to try ,this is a personal crisis ....does any one have somhing to help me here somthing to lean on

My brother Libra86, I want to apologize to you for a response that could have further pushed you away from the Lord. Please find it in your heart to forgive.

My brother sometimes the Lord brings personal crisis into our life, to bring us into a deeper knowledge of Himself. So this crisis may have come to cause you to look deeper into your faith in God and see if it's a genuine faith.

My brother it would surprise you to know that God and Science can live in harmony. They are not apposed. I used to have many questions myself, and after seeking the Lord, I realized that science does not threaten any of the truths about God and His Son Jesus Christ, but actually compliments my belief in God. There are many scientist who believe in God who see the wonder of God's creation in science. So do not feel threatened by evolution.

My advice to you by the grace of God, would be, not just to look at the questions evolution and science seeks to answer, but the ones that evolution and science cannot answer. The deep questions. The questions that haunt you and I. The questions of the soul. You would find quickly that the only one who can answer those questions is God Himself. Not evolution, not your priest, not even we here on this forum. We are just like you, human, so we don't have the answers. I would urge you to look to God Himself. Talk to Him as you would anyone else. I am praying that He will guide you to the one truth that lives, who is the only answer, and His name is Jesus. My desire for you would be to have a strong genuine faith in Christ and evolution can't touch that.

In addition to visiting the website recommended by the brethren, I would recommend you visit:

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/site/PageServer

This is the website of Dr. William Lane Craig who is a foremost authority on Christian apologetics. He has had public debates with many atheists and evolutionists on topics such as God's existence and has somewhat of an unbeaten track record. The videos on with his debates can be found on YouTube as well and they might be of help.

But again, I will stress, that the important thing and the thing that I would most desire for you, is to seek God, go to Him in prayer and ask Him to lead you into all truth. Do not feel threatened or intimidated by science.

My prayers are with you.

2010/11/9 12:14
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I suggest this website( crossexamined.org )

It addresses apologitics, atheism/intelligent design , but there are a few articles that address evolution as well.
In the blog, go to Archive for the ‘Creation/Evolution’ Category and you will find lots to feed on. Frank Turek the author has TV shows, radio programs, and goes to college campuses.

God Bless.

2010/11/9 14:08Profile
live4jc

Dear Roger,

Glad you took the time to post your questions on the site !

My way of looking at the fact bacteria can adapt...would that imply that a simple creature like a bacteria will turn into a more complex creature ? I think simple creatures like bacteria have the ability to mutate and this mutation can possibly help them in a positive way ( because they are so simple). But I guess mutations with more complicated creatures would be a different situation. It seems we do not find mutations producing helpful adaptations with more complex creatures, but rather the opposite.

So again for me, adaptation within a species, need not imply that one species can evolve into another. Does that make sense ? :)

Also here's something for an evolutionist to try to grapple with :

Automotive engineers with all their brilliant intelligence could never design an engine that runs from 70 years straight...but the human heart does. So if the human heart was the product of random chance, as evolution would suggest...then random chance has accomplished a task that great intelligence could not. This should strike us strange, I believe.

I would be interested in your thoughts on these points.

Again, God bless you Roger and it's good to have you on the forum :)

John

2010/11/9 14:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy