SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The "Sin Nature"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
PosterThread

Re:

I did a study one time about putting on the armour of God.

Each piece of armour (salvation, righteousness, gospel of peace, truth, etc) really is the Lord Jesus. My study culminated in this verse and it all made sense to me.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

It is interesting what the Word tells us to "put off" and what it tells us to "put on".

2010/11/10 10:40
makrothumia

Texas

Where is our focus?

Some seem to think there is great benefit disecting the rotting corpse of the sin nature of the first Adam

I choose instead to fix my eyes upon the righteous character of the life giving Spirit of the second Adam

We are nowhere told to fixate on our total depravity

We are strongly admonished to fix out eyes upon the author and perfector of our faith.

Those who gaze upon the glory of God in the face of Christ will be transformed into the same image from glory to glory

I wonder what will be gained from those gazing upon Adam's rotting corpse?

2010/11/10 10:46Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
It is interesting what the Word tells us to "put off" and what it tells us to "put on".

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new [man], which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Colossians 3:5-10

Let us put on love and let peace also reign in our hearts for Christ is Risen!!!

2010/11/10 10:49Profile

Re:

Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Eph 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Rom 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

2010/11/10 11:23
Renoncer

Re:

To all who have ears to hear:

Regardless of what your position is on “Christians struggling against sin” or “being born-again preceding/following repentance”, remember this: If you are outside of Christ, you are condemned already.

Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God (John 3:18). For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by His grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:23-24).

Crystal clear. Justification is in Christ alone, and every single person needs it. Why? Because all have sinned. Who is it that justifies? God. (Romans 8:33) Does God justify on the basis of upholding the Law? No. Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law (Romans 3:27-28).

Salvation is a work of God, not without effect. Therefore, no one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother (1 John 3:9-10).

I can tell you that I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20).

What about you? Have you died with Christ? Is it Christ who lives in you? Or is it still the same old you, trying to work your way into heaven? If you are outside of Christ, you are a slave to sin, even if you do not realize it (Ephesians 2:1-5; Romans 6:16-18). You do not live to please God, indeed, you cannot do so (Hebrews 11:6). But, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has passed away and behold, the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17).

Thus, remember that there is none righteous, no, not one (Romans 3:10). But Jesus was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--everyone--to his own way; and the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all (Isaiah 53:5-6).

Stop trying to justify your wickedness. Stop trying to diminish the sinfulness of man. Stop accusing God by your twisted reasoning. Stop exchanging the wisdom of God for your supposed wisdom, since the foolishness of God is wiser than men (1 Corinthians 1:25).

Therefore I tell you, seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that He may have compassion on him; to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:6-9).

Know this: Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10:13). Call on Him, while the light is still with you.

2010/11/10 15:35Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Do we have a separate sin nature or a depraved corrupted sinful human nature that has been twisted by the fall? Otherwise, known as the sinful nature, original sin, depravity, carnality, the flesh, etc.
It's obvious from Scripture that we are not born pure, but sinful. But thank God there is a cure in the blood of Christ!

2010/11/11 22:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy