SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Babylon And The Body Of Christ by Santoosh Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Babylon And The Body Of Christ by Santoosh Poonen

The wisdom of God is manifest on earth today in the Church as Christ’s Body.
The Devil is actively building his “church” today too - Babylon - a great congregation of people gathered to hear an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14-15)!
The 2 hours or the 10% you “offer” to God on Sunday morning are a waste, if the rest of your time or money does not belong to Him!
Babylon is full of people who have a “What is the minimum I have to give” mentality toward God.
Jesus had to come in a body so that He could give up His will and do His Father’s will — that is the only offering that God accepts (Hebrews 10:5-9). The same is true about His Body today, the Church.
You can’t say that you “give God all the glory” after you’ve gone ahead and done your will. He doesn’t accept it.
The best “worship service” you can have is when you give up your will and do God’s will (Romans 12:1). And you don’t need any musical talent at all for that!
If you came to Christ but didn’t get a completely new way of thinking, you got a counterfeit “Jesus”!
If your mind is not renewed, changing any outward thing will not free you from being conformed to the world (Romans 12:2).
I am a more mature Christian today if I think more like God and less like myself, than I did yesterday!
The value you add to the Church is measured not by how gifted you are but by how much faith you have (Romans 12:3). Gift makes you look big; faith makes God look big.
Babylon is great because it’s full of “great” people. The Body of Christ, instead, consists of grains of wheat that were willing to fall into the ground and die, to bear much fruit.
Babylon is characterized by “self-esteem”. The Body of Christ is characterized by “other-esteem” (Philippians 2:3-4).
The Body of Christ, like its Head, is willing to appear to be a “Loser” for the sake of others around them who feel like “losers”.
Babylon is full of “gifted” people. The Body of Christ is full of people with faith.

For the video and audio of the full message contaning these quotes, go to:
http://rlcfchurch.org/wisdom-babyon-and-the-body-of-christ/

2010/11/8 10:18Profile

Re: Babylon And The Body Of Christ by Santoosh Poonen

Quote:
The Devil is actively building his “church” today too - Babylon - a great congregation of people gathered to hear an angel of light (2 Corinthians 11:14-15)!

Amen!

2010/11/8 10:39
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Babylon And The Body Of Christ by Santoosh Poonen

"God gets no glory out of me doing my will."

There is so much truth truth in this statement.

2010/11/8 11:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy