SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A proposition to everyone that reads this post! Lets stimulate a modern-day e-tsunami of reform!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
joelbrown

A proposition to everyone that reads this post! Lets stimulate a modern-day e-tsunami of reform!

All of us to varying degrees have grown increasingly despondent with the apostasy of 21st century Christianity. The truth is every generation of Christians previously faced the same challenges but it was the faint cry in the wilderness of the faithful few that tried to herald the truth to those who would listen.

I came across a guy by the name of Greg Gordon (founder of SermonIndex.net) who composed a list of 95 THESES TO THE MODERN EVANGELICAL CHURCH in a similar fashion to Martin Luther's 95 thesis of 1517 beckoning reform to biblical truth and reality in the expression of many aspects of our faith.

http://95moderntheses.wordpress.com/

The list is by no means exhaustive and I know that we will certainly not agree on every point; but there is a collective truth in this document that needs to disseminated in a systematic fashion to maximise the power of its impact across much of the modern-day 'church'. The internet is a very powerful tool and I think we could harness its power in sparking waves of reform all for the glory of Christ. I truly don't have an agenda other than to exalt Christ by pointing his people back to his inerrant and sufficient word which existed from the beginning (John 1:1)

My proposition is that as many of us who are able to chronologically post on Facebook/Twitter one of these statements starting on Monday the 8th of November on a daily basis at 8pm GMT every day for a period of 95 days. (so thesis 1 on day 1, thesis 2 on day 2 etc) This would highlight each point in the News feed and increase its visibility creating a larger audience. If you didn't agree with a particular point you could opt out for that day and continue on the next day.

Please forward this letter to as many people who you think would be willing to support this effort to bring back biblical reality by storm.

Yours' in Christ,

Joel Brown, [email protected]

“May the Lamb of God receive the reward of His sufferings in our lives today!”

Greg Gordon has given his blessing for this letter to be distributed.

2010/11/6 16:11Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: A proposition to everyone that reads this post! Lets stimulate a modern-day e-tsu

The only reforms that matter
is the grace of GOD that changes
hearts, the love of GOD that
changes lives; and the power
of the Spirit that transforms
a sinner into a saint !!

2010/11/6 16:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen brother and may God send a great awakening to North American Churches where many professors become possesors and become truly born of the Spirit of God. In George Whitfields day he said the "bane" of North America was the "uncoverted minister." and so it is in our day.

I am blessed to see this young many send out this plea to spread the theses may many catch the urgency and desire to do this for the glory of God and the true Gospel that saves people from their sins and makes them new creations in Christ Jesus.

2010/11/6 16:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

We are going to do this with the sermonindex twitter also and facebook.

May other saints follow if they feel led.

2010/11/8 23:01Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: A proposition to everyone that reads this post! Lets stimulate a modern-day e-tsu

THANKS for sharing! This is a great way to "soak in" deeply needed truths for this generation to be able to germinate the dry seeds that are all over the place.

2010/11/9 1:02Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Just a thought ...

Does anyone have a blog where the scripture references are included below each thesis?

I rarely have time to get on facebook (work every day, and ministry almost every evening), but I was thinking that it would be good to be able to copy and paste the scripture references in the "comment" section below my status. I could pull up each one individually, but it would be faster to be able to copy and paste them at one time.

I pasted them today ... but I doubt that I will have the time on a regular basis:

Rom 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

I doubt that most people would stop to look up the references ... but if they are in the comments section, they may at least glance at them ...

As thesis #9 says: 9. There has never been more access to the Word of God, yet so little reading of it. (1Tim 4:13; Neh 8:1-3; Ps 119:59)

And yet the Word of God is the only ingredient in life that can give it hope and meaning.

2010/11/9 1:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy