SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do i beat spiritual warfare?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

Helpmeplease,

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
(1 John 3:4-10)

Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.
(1 John 5:1-4)

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba,Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.
(Romans 8:12-16)

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you (Holy Spirit) is greater than he who is in the world (the devil).
(1 John 4:4)

You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
(Romans 8:9)

Chew on these verses. Meditate on them, examine yourself, cry out to God. Be ruthless towards sin, or it will kill you. I pray that God would make His light to shine upon you, and that He would show you that if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. Hold on to that, it will save your soul.

2010/11/8 9:29Profile
semeur28

Re: ''occult involvement''

Peace from Lord be with us!
I want to ask you ''moderator-sermonindex'' what is your sources for your ''occult'' list. Especially for hypnosis. Because i'm following now some session of hypnotherapy with a brother of my church ; he use visualization to get me in a ''disconnected state'', or to be connected with my subconscious part of me ; witch is a part of us, the subconscious, on how we are created, i believe.
Well help me on that please. It's a friend who send me this link, saying that ''hypnosis'' was on an ''occult'' list.
Thank You
In Christ's Love

2011/2/13 7:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy