SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST WATCH: Americas Evidence For Salvation by Bob Utley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Mahoney, I understand your points and they are good concerns. However, there is a difference between a preacher who "beats down" God's sheep, and a preacher who passionately and compassionately exhorts the Church. A false prophet or un-anointed preacher will do the first, and a true anointed preacher or prophet will do the latter.

You wrote:

Quote:
What is your understanding of the Gospel?

We all know that the Gospel is the good news of Christ crucified and resurrected for the forgiveness of sins. But with the Gospel proclamation must also be included the message of repentance. We see this throughout the Old and New Testaments. We cannot leave that crucial part out lest we water it down and tickle ears.
Please consider this description of the Gospel in Revelation 14:6-7:

"And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, "Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters."

2010/11/5 20:04Profile

Re: MUST WATCH: Americas Evidence For Salvation by Bob Utley

Mahoney suggested

Quote:
Moses must not have understood that first incident. It seems that he did not see the mercy of God in it,

God had a different interpretation:

Numbers 20:12
And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because YE BELIEVED ME NOT, to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.

Dear Mahoney, I know your heart and testimony of the Lord through your posts, and your kind comment on Moses' behalf was well-intended, but isn't it also an example of slow we all are to recognise unbelief, or, to acknowledge its deadliness within churches?

2010/11/5 20:18
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I thought it was a good video. Not overly keen on the background music, but, I enjoyed listening to this brother's fiery insights.

2010/11/5 20:32Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Moses must not have understood that first incident. It seems that he did not see the mercy of God in it, so he struck the Rock again because he must have thought God was mad at the people. God was not angry because His Holy Anger had already been satisfied.

I think it is a valid point to bring up this example of Moses striking the rock in relation to some of what is said about the Church in our time.

We can learn something if we consider how Moses failed. Listen to his words in Num 20:10, "Hear now, ye rebels!" Hope had died. To him they were no longer the people of God, redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, and therefore infinitely precious. He saw them now simply from a human standpoint, a bunch of rebels. He forgot the price of their redemption, and so considered them worthless and hopeless. Then Moses said, "must I fetch you water out of this rock?" It seems love had died also. He was fed up with them and they could sink or swim for all he cared just then.

This is a great danger in our day also, to lose patience, hope, and love. There are always two standpoints, "the weak brother" or "the brother for whom Christ died". We would do good to ask ourselves which standpoint we see from when we speak to or about God's people.

In Christ,

Ron

2010/11/5 21:22Profile
mkal

Minnesota

Re:

Anointed message...shaking us out of our nests.

2010/11/6 0:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy