SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should we ever speak to the Holy Spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

Very simply, yes.

If you believe in the trinity as scripture demonstrates clearly from the first chapter of genesis all the way through to the last chapters of revelation, then you will know that the three are one. Christ was and is the fulness of the godhead bodily, that means father, son, and, spirit.

So, when you address one, you are in fact addressing all of them, the scripture talks about calling upon the name of the lord to be saved, which lord? Jesus, jesus said to pray to the Father, and paul said to fellowship the holy spirit.

Also, in the book of acts, peter confronts a man, and his wife, for lying to the Holy Spirit, and god kills them. There you have a scriptural demonstration of addressing the Holy Spirit, and then peter goes on to say that they have not lied to men, but unto God, also demonstrating the Holy Spirit's position as God.

Acts 5:3-5

3But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

4Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

5And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

2010/11/13 13:01Profile

should we ever stop speaking to the Holy Spirit?

Why do we make these things so tough?...sooner or later we will be married to the Triune God....we'd better be communicating...a lot!

2010/11/18 12:46
Madefree

Alabama

Re: should we ever stop speaking to the Holy Spirit?

I posted a devotional that I read a little while ago on that. It's the Andrew Murray post on the Holy Spirit. "Attributes of God by Andrew Murray 4"

2010/11/18 12:50Profile
Arnold14

Re:

Sibling in Christ,

Jesus said, "Tear down the temple, and I will build it up in three days." Seems like Jesus also had a part in raising Himself from the dead, along with the Father. Romans 8:11 states that possibly the Spirit of God also had a part. What do you think?

Bless you,
Arnold

2012/4/9 1:13Profile
Arnold14

Re: should we ever stop speaking to the Holy Spirit?

Beloved,

Scripture seems to only say that we will be married to the Lamb, the Son of God.

Love,
your bro

2012/4/9 1:14Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

I think UntoBabes said it best. Thank you for that. The scripture says it all.

2012/4/9 5:18Profile

Re: The Holy Spirit is your "second Adam" Its meaning?

Have I misunderstood your post Lesserlight. You appear to speak of The Holy Spirit as if He were not a true person at all. I have never heard of The Holy Spirit being referred to as 'your second Adam'. I know the Scripture that speaks of 'The first Adam' and the last Adam'. Who is this 'the Holy Spirit your second Adam' please.

(Text Corrected) Thanks.

In order to be transparent I would like to share something from my own experience which is God's gift of revelation to me.

30 Years ago whilst I was in prison, just 6 weeks after I came to know Christ as Lord, I was sitting at a little table in my cell. This table was just 18" deep by 24" wide. I was writing about The Lord Jesus, having read for the first time how He entered into the Garden for the last time with his disciples. I found myself in the Spirit and lifting my head from the page I looked at the near, cold Victorian prison wall, and came into a remarkable personal understanding of that moment when Christ was troubled in His soul. My mind spoke out the words' what a great pity it is that many men do not know that the Holy Spirit is not understood to be a true person Who leads men into all understanding. I marveled at the fact that I, a wretched man could look into such a holy and most humbling thing as to know something of the suffering of Christ. The wall vanished before my eyes and one who was like unto an angel in appearance shrugged His shoulders and pulled a wry, but humorous face. I burst into laughter with a great release of the moment. And what an extraordinary thing it was.

Despite this vision and leading of the Holy Spirit I understood that He is not sent by Christ to glorify Himself, but to reveal Christ. This I believe answers the centrality of this post concerning whether one ought to communicate with the Holy Spirit in the same way that Christ and the Father are sought and communicated with. In Corinthians it is written, 'The Spirit' He is the Lord'. Yet I say again according to His own leading in this mans life and the Scripture, He has not been sent to glorify Himself, but to reveal Christ to men; even as Christ did not come to glorify Himself, but the Father.

I realise that such things as I have shared are personal and one cannot take ones own stand upon them, let alone seek to influence others by them. I don't think that the Holy Spirit is in the least part offended when men fail to recognise Him as He is. Hence the laughter. One can only grieve Him through continuous and willful sin.

Andrew

2012/4/13 6:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy