SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Do you know the presence of God?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Alive-to-God quotes......

Quote:
Can you imagine the horror when the veil was rent in two, it did not expose the ark of the covenant, it exposed the fact that there was nothing there, nothing there.

Frank, I'd never put together the two points. I knew the ark of the covenant was missing, yes, but what that meant for any Day of Atonement in Herod's Temple: no. And yet is IS obvious, now you've pointed it out.

Alive, I think the parrallels of that point to todays situation is striking. To look at the Temple situation in that day, you would see a bustling busy, business as usual situation. Feasts continued, sacrifices were made, monies were collected, priests were employed and yet at the very heart of the system, where the presence of God was supposed to dwell, when you pulled back the curtain, there was nothing. I believe that the veil that covers todays system is being pulled back. It was 30 something short years after this revelation that the whole system was destroyed in judgement. Without the presence of God, the present system will collapse, but it may take some time........brother Frank

2010/11/4 9:41

Re:

Yes, Frank, very striking example!

The Lord is faithful to expose pretension.

2010/11/4 10:00

Re:

Quote:
It was 30 something short years after this revelation that the whole system was destroyed in judgment. Without the presence of God, the present system will collapse, but it may take some time..

Which is a good thing I think. This current system was never to replace the body/remnant of God. We've built the literal walls up around us and called that the "Church" and that was never to be the place where the presence of God would be, it was were His Church would be, the body. But we turned to the building, the structure, the program, the pride, the arrogance and we erected that as some idol in our mind that this some how is the church.

Every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God shall be torn down. I think the knowledge of God here speaks of whatever is not of Christ because Christ inherited all things, being the first born.

The presence of God should be something that we should sense within us, it should be a normal occurrence for every believer, and when joined together with other believers it should be intoxicating.

Oh to feel the presence of God.

God bless us with His presence. As the song writer said, "His presence makes me whole".

2010/11/4 10:15

Re:

Snuf writes......

"This current system was never to replace the body/remnant of God. We've built the literal walls up around us and called that the "Church" and that was never to be the place where the presence of God would be, it was were His Church would be, the body. But we turned to the building, the structure, the program, the pride, the arrogance and we erected that as some idol in our mind that this some how is the church"

"Oh to feel the presence of God."

Amen...........brother Frank

2010/11/4 12:16

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy