SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Reclining Jesus - Oliver Peng

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I like Zac and have met him and have been blessed by many of his teachings and will not speak badly of him. I don't agree with everything he says but that is normal as he like we, are mere men.

What did you think about the article that this thread is all about?

God bless you.

I'll check those websites out.

2010/11/4 19:49

Re:

This is

2010/11/4 19:54

Re:

Quote:
Lily is feminine?

I am not arguing either, but I did not think a flower was male or female.

A Lily or Rose is being used here as typology not as gender. The typology works well and makes a lot of sense since you brought up the word "sense".

Again, I see Him as THE Lily and THE Rose, and we who are conformed to His image have the opportunity to be a lily and rose to each other and to Him.

You say the Lily is Israel.

Read the following verses and tell me who they say Israel is.

Matthew 2:14-15
(14) When he arose, he took THE YOUNG CHILD and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
(15) And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, OUT OF EGYPT HAVE I CALLED MY SON.

Hosea 11:1
(1) WHEN ISRAEL WAS A CHILD, then I loved him, and CALLED MY SON OUT OF EGYPT.

Exodus 4:22
(22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, ISRAEL IS MY SON, EVEN MY FIRSTBORN:

John 3:16
(16) For God so loved the world, that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So, you see, it is not just with our "senses" that we read God's Word but with the Holy Spirit. God's Word makes no sense to our senses.

2010/11/4 20:59
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Sgs 2:2 " Like a lily among the thorns, So is my darling among the maidens."

Personally this points me to the cross. My lord wore a crown of thorns because he picked up his cross. We are to pick up our cross and follow him. We are to deny self. Thorns are also compared to the "riches and pleasures" of life. These choke the word. We are to deny ourselves the pleasures and riches of life which we see all around us. Jesus is the Lily for he is the Christ. We are lilies for we are christians, and as such let us pick up our cross daily and follow Him.

2010/11/4 21:16Profile

Re:

Amen, MyVeryHeart, we cannot be dogmatic about "types" in the Word. "types" often have dual meanings between Jesus and His Bride. We will miss many of the riches of His Word. Let the Holy Spirit speak.

1Jn 4:17b ...because as he is, so are we in this world.

Some more examples:
He is the Lamb of God, and we are lambs of God.
He is the Israel of God and we are the Israel of God.
He was the Branch out of dry ground and we are branches in the vine.

2010/11/4 21:25
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

pilgrim777 wrote...

Quote:
What did you think about the article that this thread is all about?

I liked this article. Brought out some amazing truths that I have also observed. One of my favorite verses...

Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will SUP with him, and he with me

sup in the Greek means to dine with or to have a meal with. And I know some think it is actually food. But I like to think He is speaking of the word of God. That if we are willing to open the door, He will sup with us, teach us, dine with us over the spiritual meat or milk of the Word(some times real food is involved I'm sure). I've seen many a Christian men do this, and it often reminds me of this same principle of Jesus reclining that was explained in this article.

2010/11/5 16:53Profile

Re:

John 14:23
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

By receiving His Word, we receive Him and make Him welcome in our hearts. Our hearts become His abode and He reclines with us and sups (fellowship, relationship), with us.

2010/11/5 17:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy