SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : help - a poor sinnner

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
veelouise

help - a poor sinnner

Hello, I need so help.
I have realise that I am a poor sinner and have completetly and I mean completely died to sin. There is no love in my heart. Every day is a constant stuggle. To be civil is a struggle. I am the opposite of rightousness. I have recently realised I am a poor sinner and have repented sincerely to God and invited Jesus as my Lord God and Saviour. This was several months ago. I feel know different. I am still a sinner in my heart even though I don't actually sin e.g feel like sinning 24/7 but don't. I have not had a change of heart. Please help.

2010/11/1 7:53Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: help - a poor sinnner

Hi Veelouise,

Before attempting to advise you into doing anything I would like to know ask you a few questions first if I may?

How did you realise you were a poor sinner?

What do you mean by invited Jesus as your Lord and Saviour and what do you want from God?

2010/11/1 8:27Profile
veelouise

Re:

Hello,
Its very hard to explain how I found out. But it was a huge revelation and extremely devastating. It was through a certain lady who was very righteous and etc etc.

Thats exactly what I mean. Invited Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. In other words, I realised I needed him to save me from myself and he has always been knocking on my heart and I have simply opened it to him. I want God to redeem me. To make me a true Christian in the heart. To actually live for once in my life

2010/11/2 1:16Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re:

Hi veelouise,

Do you mean to now want to live for God, to (try to) please him in all you do?

Your motive in coming to God is most important and only God and you know this.

I would recommend spending time with God in prayer and study of the bible.

Remember nothing you can do yourself can make you worthy of God, only Jesus' sacrifice on the cross has made it possible for us to know God, and God wants us to know Him.

You are in a better place now than most people on this earth so be thankful for that and look forward to the eternal joy you have in Him which starts right now!

2010/11/2 5:05Profile

Re: help - a poor sinnner

Quote:
e.g. feel like sinning 24/7 but don't. I have not had a change of heart

If you believe you have not had a change of heart, then you are stuck. But, if the desire to sin which your mind and body feel is because they have not yet been renewed by the working of the Holy Spirit, then you can stand on the spiritual truth that in Christ you have been completed, and you can receive the help of the Holy Spirit in the fight against habitual sinning. Romans 8:13.

I have a question which flows from Nasher's post. Do you have a Bible? Do you need one?

There are prayers in different parts of the New Testament, which can be helpful to pray for yourself, just as they are written there.

The book of Psalms also, contains many cries to God, and praises, and causes for thanks.

Psalm 5:let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee. 12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as [with] a shield.

{defendest...: Heb. coverest over, or, protectest them}
{compass: Heb. crown}

In this psalm, the 'righteous' are those who are putting their trust in God. Keep putting your trust in God. He will bring you through this time of trial into a greater assurance of His presence with you. He says He 'inhabits' the praises of His people. That's why, when we're struggling, if we can honestly praise Him for the difficulty, it changes us, and strengthens us. (The difficulty may seem unchanged, but we can deal with it better.)

Here is a prayer which was prophetically given in the Old Testament, regarding the coming of Jesus Christ. In the letter to the Hebrews (New Testament), it is given its full context. I find this prayer reminds me of how Jesus Christ focused His whole life:

Hebrews 10:5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith,

Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6 In burnt offerings and [sacrifices] for sin thou hast had no pleasure. 7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.'

Amen. I hope these thoughts are helpful.

You know, when Moses (Jesus), first went to the tyrant ruler of Egypt where his family were still living, and delivered the simple message God had given him, the ruler made things worse for Moses' family (and things were already bad). Sometimes it's helpful to remember that when God puts His hand on our lives, there is a backlash from the enemy of our souls, who is not at all happy to lose his prey. The answer to survival, is to keep looking to God for grace and strength, for 'Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.' 1 John 4:4

It's just a matter of time until the breakthrough comes, but during those seasons of trial, your relationship with God will be strengthened and you will be changed (even though we often don't feel it happening), simply by the exercise of applying yourself to standing in the truth you already have. If you can read a Bible - even a few verses - and pray with something God gives you from His word each day, you are bound to grow.

2010/11/2 7:32
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 John 5:1-21 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Read the Apostle Pauls epistles, Galations, Ephesians, Philippians and Colosians and the Gospel of John, especially 14,15,16,17.

What we know will assure us that God has saved us and given rebirth of His Son in us, that we are now son's of God and He will never leave us. Your road to know the Father by the Son has just begun and the Holy Spirit is in you to teach you these truths. Know, what God says He will do, He will accomplish His salvation in you-us.

Luke 18:11-14 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. This is a self appointed Christian

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

This is a God appointed Christian.

Who went to his house justified? It is you my friend and brother in the Lord.

Ac 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Ro 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him (God the Father) that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; (by the Power of the Holy Spirit of God)

In Christ: Phillip

2010/11/6 2:21Profile
BigDaveyB

Re:

veelouise, please know that it is great news that you know that you are a sinner and in need of salvation for your sins. Please do not let this bring you down because all of humanity is in the same boat. There is not one person in history past or history future who is without sin except Jesus alone. If you read the old testament you will see how God takes those who the world rejects and shows His power through them. Two of the patriarchs of the old testament are Moses and King David who were both murderers. King David did many bad things in his lifetime but the Bible says he was a man after God's heart.

If you have repented of your sins then you need to trust Jesus that He will forgive you.

Read these verses and see that God has already showed you His love by Jesus dying on the cross for you. Not because you loved Him but because He loved you first!!

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person---though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die--- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation." - Romans 5:6-11

When God forgives you He does not look at your sins ever again. He sees you as He would see Jesus. This does not mean to continue to sin, but trust the Holy Spirit will work through you to remove your sins.

2010/11/19 8:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy