Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The awareness of the presence of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
elected

Tulsa OK

The awareness of the presence of God

Are we aware of the presence of God in our life? We believe that the Holy Spirit comes to indwell in us after we are regenarated and our body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Sanctifier who refines us with his fire. If we have not grieved or quenched Him, if we enjoy his fellowship and follow his leading, walk in Him and his love is shead abroad in our hearts; this is an indication that we are abiding in Jesus as the branch in the Vine and bearing fruit.

The presence of God is perceived spiritually in us when we walk in the light as Christ is in the light. We know the truth and the truth sets us free, from error and spiritual bondage.Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is spiritual freedom from the powers of darkness and we enjoy the blessed presence of God.

Is the presence of God with us? Do we long for his fellowship and are we thirsty for the living water? If we are not thirsty than we humbly can ask God to grant us the holy longing for his Holy Spirit and divine presence.

2010/10/31 19:28Profile
bakary

GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

Re: The awareness of the presence of God

Good counsel. What a freedom to desire HIM above all. I am bless.

2010/11/1 11:48Profile
bobmcd510

Re: The awareness of the presence of God

Let us always live in God's presence. Brother Lawrence wrote a book titled 'the practice of the presence of God.' His way of life was one that continuously lived in God's presence and did everything purely for the love of God. - even his daily tasks at work. What an example!

Quote:
People seek methods of learning to know God. Is it not much shorter and more direct to simply do everything for the love of Him? There is no finesse about it. One only has to do it generously and simply.

2010/11/3 12:30Profile

Re:

Good thread.

When we are completely alone, who do we sense? The Lord or the Enemy (self, sin, Satan).

Who do we move towards? If it is not the Lord, and this happens frequently to you, and we think we are His, do we not have a stronghold in our life?

2010/11/3 13:44

Re:

This is exactly what our prayer meeting was about last night, the presence of God. http://www.box.net/shared/eezbbpm9h3

This also includes testimony by Tozer, D.L. Moody and Torrey........brother Frank

2010/11/3 13:52
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
Let us always live in God's presence. Brother Lawrence wrote a book titled 'the practice of the presence of God.' His way of life was one that continuously lived in God's presence and did everything purely for the love of God. - even his daily tasks at work. What an example!

I have the book and read good parts of it. I was thinking of brother Lawrence when posting the title of the thread. God is restoring and breaking my life and i sense his presence but how much we need to live closer fellowship with Jesus. I like to read alot devotional books and the word of God recently after God has been dealing with my soul.

I believer in personal renewal and revival, i know that this will happend in my life as i honestly deal with my sins and crucify the flesh with its passions and desires. One of the first prayer coming fromt our heart should be, "Oh Lord break me up" and believe that God by his Holy Spirit will do the work of conviction in us and lead us to the road of Calvary. Roy Hession book, "The Road to Calvary" comes to my mind when he talks about how to have personal revival.

What is person revival but living the normal christian live that God meant for us and expect of us, no actually he demnds it, because his Son has did on the cross for us and finished the work of salvation for us and we who belive indeed Jesus Christ are spiritually rich with Christ and its our right as the children of God to claim our promises for spiritual abundant life in Christ. His grace is more than enough to supply all our needs.

I feel that i have touched only the shore of God's ocean of Love and how deep and immense is his love for us and how much He longs to restore and revive his love in us. The letter to the Ephisians in revelation makes this clear when God tells them you have fallen from the first love. The local ephesian church was zealous for good works and im sure they held high the banner of Truth but they grew cold in love to God and each other, and this is a state of backsliding in need or recovering.

2010/11/5 19:19Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy