SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Wanting to be so much in prayer that everything else does not matter!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Wanting to be so much in prayer that everything else does not matter!

1 Kings 18
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said , The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. 40 And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape . And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there. 41 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up , eat and drink ; for there is a sound of abundance of rain. 42 So Ahab went up to eat and to drink . And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, 43 And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up , and looked , and said , There is nothing. And he said , Go again seven times. 44 And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said , Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man's hand. And he said , Go up , say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down , that the rain stop thee not. 45 And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode , and went to Jezreel. 46 And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

Elijah a man of God, who you think would be praying for the Welfare of his nation, but was more concerned with the Long term results. I mean to do the insane to go back and forth seven times to see whether there is rain or not in a land that has not received rain for years. Are we not a bit like this we are so use to not being with the Lord that his presence is almost unknown to us that when it does come, we are in shock.
Elijah did not pray blessings on his Nation rather that his nation would recognize the one true living God of that Nation
Can you imagine what it was to live on nothing but the same diet for so long

1 Kings 17:4 KJV
And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

Daniel 1:8 KJV
But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.

Imagine being fed say hamburgers for say 3 months do you not think he wanted more than scavenger meat or daniel wanted more than just vegatables,

Exodus 16:15 KJV
And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

The horror of the Same Old Thing is one of the most valuable passions we have produced in the human heart—an endless source of heresies in religion, folly in counsel, infidelity in marriage, and inconstancy in friendship. The humans live in time, and experience reality successively. To experience much of it, therefore, they must experience many different things; in other words, they must experience change. And since they need change, the Enemy (being a hedonist at heart) has made change pleasurable to them, just as He has made eating Pleasurable. But since He does not wish them to make change, any more than eating, an end in itself, He has balanced the love of change in them by a love of permanence. He has contrived to gratify both tastes together on the very world He has made, by that union of change and permanence which we call Rhythm. He gives them the seasons, each season different yet every year the same, so that spring is always felt as a novelty yet always as the recurrence of an immemorial theme. He gives them in His Church a spiritual ear; they change from a fast to a feast, but it is the same feast as before.(Screwtape Letters)

It is sometimes with me, we are so used to praying that we forget our love for our saviour, we tend to think that the daily grime misses the beauty of our saviour, without the Lord we cannot do anything as he gives us the strength to live, to Breakthrough in prayer and come to a point in which all we think is about our saviour and him and what we can do for him!
he should be our daily bread like Elijah and our Manna like Moses and Daniel our meat.

Hebrews 5:12 KJV
For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Acts 12:5 KJV
Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

1 Samuel 12:23 KJV
Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:

Romans 1:9 KJV
For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers;

1 Thessalonians 1:3 KJV
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJV
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe .

1 Thessalonians 5:17 KJV
Pray without ceasing.

2 Timothy 1:3 KJV
I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;

When you fall in love you cannot be but think and mediate on the Person that you love, I wish that Jesus would put a deeper love for him like the People in Scripture, i am nobody who needs a saviour who has no accomplishments but his! I want him to get glory out of my life to squeeze his glory out of my life breakthrough and seeing other people know him more!

2010/10/30 17:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy