SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : America at it's Fork in the Road ... Lord Thy Will be Done ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Neil wrote:

Quote:
Everybody thinks the persecution will come from a militant pagan body.....no....... the real persecution will come from the apostate National Church, that will craft a "unified" doctrine, that will fold all denominations in the interest of "unity", and if you go underground to house church, you will be labelled a "terrorist".

I believe Scripture speaks of this persecution from within. Listen to the writer of Psalm 119, his persecution came from within. The persecution that Jesus experienced came from within.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/2 15:06Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

In terms of the truth, what is the truth? Many on this site are young in age. Do any of you remember the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

At that time, Lyndon Johnson lied to the American people.

Do any of you remember how the Spanish American war started?

The history of war is filled with lies. Today is no different than 40 years ago or 100 years ago.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/2 15:09Profile

Brother Rahman

I love you precious brother, but do not assume that I have a persecution complex. If you feel that my "Jewish tone" has me "hateful" and "unforgiving", so be it. If you must labour under such misassumptions, and presumptions about me or my witness, so be it.

If the Lord has you voting for bush, so be it.

But as your words say,"first, and foremost i'm a Christian, a colorless child of the King, concerned with what Christ wants", Jesus told us that the two greatest commands were to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind, AND to love your neighbor as yourself. Bless God for those words, but loving your neighbor does not include murdering them, whether they be in the womb, in prison or in Iraq.

I'm at the library and I noticed a throw out Newsweek, and the cover attracted me, its dated from Feb. 26, 2001, a lifetime ago...and in bold letters on the cover it says "STRIKING SADDAM"

the blurb at the article says, "The president,in office less than a month, strikes his father's old adversary. But a new era may require a fresh strategy against Saddam".

They wanted this guy from the second they took office, didnt care what lies it took. The thing about King David was when Nathan called him on his sin, he didnt equivocate, or spin, he said "I have sinned", repented and turned.

Bless God if you see that attitude from this current band in the white house, but I won't hold my breath.

2004/11/2 20:38
Am_Lovin_HIM

Phoenix, Arizona

Re:

Quote:
I believe it's not our leader or who is in office that needs to be changed IT'S the heart of a nation the people. Only God can change the heart of a nation, when we pray and ask his forgiveness for the sin's of this nation, and only ask that his WILL be done. amen
"If my people who are called by my name..."

Very well said.

It is about the heart of the nation and REPENTANCE is the beginning to staying the hand of judgement from this nation for it's rebellion toward God. Let us look toward the Father for His hand of mercy and let HIS WILL BE DONE!!

For if we forget to humble ourselves and seek HIM, does not judgement begin with the house of God?

Are we ready as a nation, as states, as individuals for what is ahead of us? I think not. I know I am taking this time to get on my face before the One who will judge all and PRAY. FAST and SEEK HIS WILL. Reading in Daniel, Ezekiel and the minor prophets is like reading a newspaper of todays events.

COME LET US REASON TOGETHER...UNITY FOR THE FATHER'S WILL.

2004/11/2 20:53Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well, can't say I wasn't expecting all this but a quick perusing brought forth:

Quote:
I hope President Bush remains in office. He will have the opportunity to pick three Supreme Court justices. He will have the opportunity to stop abortion. He will have the opportunity to stop stem cell research. He will have the opportunity to stop gay marriage.

Had waited to the last on the President, after going through all the local issues, props. (A note. Thinking about putting a measure out next election, think we'll call it Prop. IQ. If ballot measures are not written in clear and plain English they cannot be put on the ballot. Period. This year seemed beyond ridiculous trying to ascertain just what exactly it was we were voting for or against on bond issues and the like...maybe it's just me.)

Had entertained thoughts of voting for Peroutka and also prayed about this. The clincher for me was as Jeff stated above for the obvious reasons but primarily because of the appointing of Supreme Court justices. GWB.

For what it's worth...

2004/11/2 21:15Profile
tedlock

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

I hope President Bush remains in office. He will have the opportunity to pick three Supreme Court justices. He will have the opportunity to stop abortion. He will have the opportunity to stop stem cell research. He will have the opportunity to stop gay marriage.

President Bush is not out to stop abortion...because he is "Pro Choice".

He said and his wife Laura repeated him that he agrees with abortion in the case of "rape, incest and to protect the life of the mother" that is "Pro Choice".

Anyone who believes in abortion for those reasons they are "Pro Choice" too.

I don't see how a person so decieved could be a follower of the Jesus of the bible!

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 Tells us that there is another Jesus

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

I want the Real Jesus that would not condone murder here from a mother's womb or on foreign soil!

2004/11/3 0:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy