SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Bible college test and answers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
knitefall

Re:

Amen Mr Jimp,

I like what you said about the gold. A loving wise man told me something else about gold. He said that as it cools, it does not loose any more value. But it actually increases as things have been removed. That's us!

This means that since our Father has made the legal means to dwell in us, He has the power to Sanctify us while still in the body.

The soul is bypassed according to God's eyes. Though from our corrupt 'heart of hearts' still proceeds sins in the plural. But our immaterial man is replaced by His Perfect Spirit(by Thee Faith). And that's what God views us by. And as long as we continue to have that Faith, God has the legal right and ability to adjust the soul and then therefore the body will produce proper actions.

Many teachers will teach their congregations to manipulate the soul(the way of flesh) in order to produce proper results. This is false and leads one right back into idolatry (self worship) and ultimately condemnation when they realize their efforts will never be good or powerful enough to Sanctify themselves.

step programs will never work,

confessing things out will never work,

writing sins on paper and stomping them will never work,

sacraments will never work,

a euphoric experience during a song will never work,

memorizing Scripture will never work,

quoting scripture will never work,

you words of, "just try harder brother" will never work,
(in fact they are very condemning)

saying, "If I only believed like so-n-so" will never work,

or, "if You only believed like me" will never work

Anything but simple Faith in the Death of Jesus will never work. But God will always consider anything else than that as the thing that grieves His Holy Ghost.

Now, we are sinners not because we do sinS but because of unbelief in our sinful nature. That is 'The Sin' ... that we are judged already for. Likewise, we do not go to hell as Christians if we experience an act of sin right before we die. One might go because of rank unbelief.

Now, as we sin on the body, we will reap consequences in the earth. If you cheat on your wife, you destroy the family. If you steal, you loose testimony. Like Jimp said, if you over eat, you get to be pleasantly plump. If you smoke, you develop lung issues, if you go snow skiing barefoot, you loose your feet... and etc.

So instead of using the ways of man (soulish manipulation) God operates on a totally different level. He considers us IN His Son via the Sacrificial Atoning death on Calvary.

And as we preach Jesus as Beautiful and Lovely, that Jesus manifest on the outward because the threat of Law is then removed. But if the listener hears God as an angry judge, we will set about to please Him, thinking that being set apart is in what we do or don't do. There is no glory meter that we can make go up or down. I know we do not think of it like that but that's exactly what we have been taught!

I sure hope these posts are "imparting a spiritual blessing" on the readers. For that is the goal. Your questions and challenges help to develop the progress for the other readers. Please feel free! POST!

2010/10/31 22:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
In chapter 1 verses 15 and 16, Peter mentioned holiness. What does it mean to be holy in our conversation? How can we be as holy as He is holy?---

Interesting questions...

Re: How can we be as holy as He is holy?

My understanding: We can't be holy as God is because we are human and not God. However, we are called to be Holy because He is holy. Big difference, don't you think?

So, how are we to be holy? v.14 says (NASB) As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance...To be holy means we must be obedient to Him. Seems simple to me....but not always easy to do when our lusts gets in the way. :-(

ginnyrose

2010/10/31 22:33Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Bible college test and answers

Quote:
---In chapter 2 verses 13-23, Peter dealt with submission to authority. As believers, why is it important that we submit to: 1) Government; 2) Those whom God puts over us as employer, pastor, etc?-

This concept is challenging, at the least.

Why is it important that we submit to employer?

My understanding: Your submission to your employer demonstrates to your employer about your faith.

As an employer we hire PT help. A very religious gal destroyed her testimony by purloining: stealing time from us by talking unnecessarily on her cell phone. After my husband confronted her she decided to quit. Her work otherwise was excellent.

Our work is to be one that works for the betterment of all who we come in contact with, regardless who it is: the gov, the pastors in the church, our spouses, our neighbor. If one is arrogant, proud, unsubmissive, rebellious it will reflect on who you claim to be. Always. It will destroy your testimony quicker then anything else. This is why submission to all authority above you is essential.

Too many folks think the best way to witness for the LORD is by preaching, teaching. This is all essential. However, one of the most effective way to preach, teach is to live it where the rubber meets the road. Too many testimonies have been destroyed by arrogance, rebellion, unsubmissiveness. It is in our work where the test of our faith comes into play. If one's faith will not enable one to withstand the pressures of work, you have demonstrated that you are nothing but a hypocrite. Too many ungodly folks have said if that is what a Christian is I never want to be one!
This is why submission to authority is essential for the furtherance of the Gospel. If the Gospel does not impact life where it meets the road it is useless.

ginnyrose

2010/11/1 9:33Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,ginnyrose gets an a...jimp

2010/11/1 11:58Profile
knitefall

Re:

Yes, Ginnyrose did well.

The test is already turned in but I thought it would be a good idea to post the topics covered.

Now, let's say we see a Believer that is having an issue with like the cell phone. And the believer knows it's wrong and says, "I've tried to stop but I can't no matter how hard I try."

how would we best tell that believer the way to have victory over sin issues in a Christian's life?

2010/11/1 12:37Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

To go back to my original point, the hebrew and greek definition of holiness, is to be set apart unto the lord. Not a debated point.

Being set apart unto the Lord is not a dead work, or an act of the flesh as you referred to it earlier, but rather, it is a choice made under influence of the indwelling (Holy) Spirit.

To equate holiness with an act of the flesh, is to do exactly what the pharisees did when they attributed the works of Jesus to the devil, to which Christ then told them that they were in danger of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Freedom from fleshly acts, dead works, or sin as you may call it, comes from absolute reliance on the spirit of God to change our desires as we submit to Him. Christ said, be ye holy, as I am holy. Or, be set apart, even as I am set apart.

2010/11/1 15:26Profile

Re: Bible college test questions and answers

I've read only a little of this thread, but wanted to reply to this paragraph.

Quote:
The soul is bypassed according to God's eyes. Though from our corrupt 'heart of hearts' still proceeds sins in the plural. But our immaterial man is replaced by His Perfect Spirit(by Thee Faith). And that's what God views us by. And as long as we continue to have that Faith, God has the legal right and ability to adjust the soul and then therefore the body will produce proper actions.

This is not what I 'hear' in the Bible, and no doubt I also am open to correction.

What Ben says about being set apart is right. Under the New Covenant, this assumes a deeper meaning through circumcision of the heart (faith), obedience, and the gift of the Holy Spirit whereby we cry 'Father', to GOD HIMSELF.

God could not give us the Holy Spirit unless we have been buried with Christ IN OUR HEARTS. Yes, believers are capable of sins of all kinds, but these should not be due to a heart state of practising sin as a lifestyle. The POWER to resist, is given by the Holy Spirit.

The result of this is that not only are our souls being saved, but they are being influenced by now being under the direction of our Father Himself, Matt 7:21.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Paul, in Romans 6:16 - 7:6, also puts great store by how we use our bodies.

Later, in Romans 8:13, he shows HOW we can mortify (put to death) the works of the flesh, and in other places he talks of putting off the old man, or putting on the new man.

2 Cor 21 For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If we are 'the righteousness of God in Him', then we owe it to Him to walk in the light, and be being cleansed by His blood from ALL sin, daily (1 John 1:7).

I could be wrong, but I don't think 'our immaterial man' is 'replaced'. If we have been buried with Christ, and raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Rom 6:4), then we are re-integrated perfectly, as He is. Our flesh and our minds need continual attention because we didn't actually die physically, but the root of sin was destroyed on the cross, which is the basis of our salvation.

I think I've said enough, and I know I didn't try to answer the questions you were set, so I hope what I've written is not confusing. It IS in the Bible.

2010/11/1 16:23
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

I finished a book about holiness and the author explained holiness. (1) Positional sanctification as oneness with Christ (ye in Me). (2) Progressive sanctification as likeness to Christ(I in you) and personal sanctification as Fullness of Christ (much fruit).

The parable of the True Vine is a good illustration of what it means to be holy and bear fruit.I'm only a branch and i cant do nothing without the Vine and if the Father will not prune me ill not bear much fruit.

There is an objective and subjective meaning for holiness. We are chosen befor the foundation of the world to be holy and we are exhorted to "work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure". Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith but we as a nea creation in Jesus Christ our Lord need to work out our salvation with fear and trembling according to his power working in us.

2 Corinthians 3:18 - "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." Being christlike is a lifelong process starting at regenaration and continuing to the end of our lifelong journey of faith.

William Macdonald said, "a sanctified person or thing is one set apart from ordinary uses to be for God's own possession, use & enjoyment".

Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and we have been bought at the cross with the precious blood of our Saviour to be vessels of honor in the House of God."Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work." - 2Timothy 2:20,21

As for the scope of holiness it includes a complete sanctification of spirit, soul and body, "Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Sanctification is more than an experience, its a Person - Jesus Christ and Him alone is the source of our sanctification and its all by grace thru faith.

Sanctification includes consecration and surrender to God and it require a lifelong abandonement to the will of God. We die to self and the life of the flesh to live for Christ. We crucify our flesh with its passions and desires by taking up the croos and following Jesus.

Sanctification is Christ in me who is the hope of glory. We rise up with Christ to a new dimension of a higher life in Him. We fix our eyes on Jesus in glory and by faith receive his light so that we can walk in the light.

To be holy as God is holy it means to be partakers of his divine nature by believing his great and precious promises (1Peter 1:4). His divine power has enabled and granted us all things that pertain to godliness. To be holy it means to walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the desires of the flesh. It means to bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

2010/11/1 17:15Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

I purpose of writing another post about holiness is to admonish and exhort by brothers and sisters in the Lord, and i am being buil up also by the insights shared here.

The Scripture says, "without holiness no one shall see the Lord". We know that the works of the flesh are evil and an abomination to the Lord. It is not by might, not by power but by my Spirit says the Lord. The Holy Spirit is the Sanctifier. Is the Spirit really dwelling in us, do we have the witness of the Spirit that we are the sons of God? If we have greived and quenched the Holy Spirit, than we need to deal with us and examine ourselves in the light of God's word and confess our known sins and look by the eyes of faith to Jesus on the cross. The way to restoring the fellowship with God is always thru the cross and the blood.

The apostles addressed the believers as saints in their letters not as sinners. Christ died on the cross to save us from sin and make us saints.His blood shed on the cross once for all for us is all sufficient to cleans us from sin. Jesus is the ever present Saviour to save us from sin. He came to save his people from their sins and we are part of the chosen people of God.

2010/11/1 19:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Now, let's say we see a Believer that is having an issue with like the cell phone. And the believer knows it's wrong and says, "I've tried to stop but I can't no matter how hard I try."

I would love to hear your take on this question! Really!

I have read that some people are addicted to it and/or the Blackberry and its cousins. But then I do not have to look far to see it - I have a sister-in-law who is addicted to her Blackberry which contributed to her marriage failure.

Quote:
how would we best tell that believer the way to have victory over sin issues in a Christian's life?

I would love to hear you answer to this question. Too many do not seem to be aware they have a problem or if they do do not care. But you said some say they cannot quit..at least they are honest. What is your suggestion?

ginnyrose

2010/11/1 21:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy