· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why were Moses and Elijah with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Why were Moses and Elijah with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?

This is something that i eagerily search Scripture for, it's so wonderful for me to even think, ponder and meditate on, what a Privledge for those two men of God, Moses and Elijah to fellowship with Jesus as He was transfigured in front of a (probably) totally bewildered Peter, James and John.

its my conviction, and i believe with all my heart, that i should meet with God alone, in the morning watches, before i meet any man, and that is possible via an open heart, cleansed by sleep, the Living Word, the Bible, read with the Guidance of the Holy Spirit, and the urge to pray, as one eats of the Word.

i'm in Deuteronomy, God willing, go thru Scripture again, Genesis to Revelations, which is always a Wonderous Journey for the burdened soul, and i keep stumbling onto hints, as to why Moses spoke with Jesus on the Mount.

and just one verse(s) came to me. before i post It, obviously Moses had quite the intercessory prayer ministry, just as at this very second, Jesus has the Eternal Prayer Ministry, for us in Heaven.

first this :

"So I lay prostrate before the LORD for these forty days and forty nights, because the LORD had said he would destroy you. And I prayed to the LORD, 'O Lord GOD, do not destroy your people and your heritage, whom you have redeemed through your greatness, whom you have brought out of Egypt with a mighty hand."
Deuteronomy 9:25-26 (ESV)

Moses laid out on his face for forty days and nights, pleading for God not to destroy His people...OR His heritage.......40 days and nights! i think of the Divine Reality of that!

could i do that?....i wont even venture an answer. then this:

(and this is what i underlined)

....."Do not regard the stubbornness of this people, or their wickedness or their sin,"
Deuteronomy 9:27b (ESV)

Jesus thru the Cross, with His Blood, provided, what Moses was laying on his face for....for 40 days and nights.

But here's what blessed me, Moses is begging the LORD to not "regard", the sin and wickedness of this people.

Do you see what i mean? Moses was TRYING to do what Jesus, Son of God, later accomplished.

i like to think that.....possibly...this is what Jesus, Moses, and Elijah were talking about on the Mount of Transfiguration.

has the Lord revealed anything about this to you saints?

i know its not a "salvation" issue, but to me, the Transfiguration is a Wonderful, Wonderous consideration.

i've read thru the ministry of Elijah, but i dont want to skip ahead, but any thoughts led of the Holy Ghost, would surely be a blessing, and i would be, indeed, most grateful. In Jesus' love, neil

2010/10/29 8:52
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Why were Moses and Elijah with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?

Moses was a type of Christ. He
was a Deliverer, Lawgiver, Prophet,
Redeemer. Elijah interceded for
GOD'S chosen people and brought
them back to GOD.
Both of these men hoped and looked
for the Promised One, the Messiah.
GOD allowed them to see HIM!!

heart that says:
"Not my will, Lord;
But Thine!

A. B. SIMPSON

2010/10/29 10:54Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Why were Moses and Elijah with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?

Neil,

Thank you for such meaty thoughts to ponder. (This is one of your best posts ever, in my humble opinion.) Odd as many times as we may read a scripture that there are always other ways to view it against other scripture. It is witness to the strength and beauty of the Living Word that He speaks to us if we have ears. I must pray more for ears to hear and consider your post. It seems much can be gained by asking the right questions, which is something else for which to pray. Lord, give me the correct perspective from which to view this passage. Teach me to wonder why so I may see what you are truly showing me and not be content with the surface glance. Let us feed upon the Word. Praise Jesus,

white stone

2010/10/29 10:59Profile
EverestoSama

Kobe, Japan

Re:

Thanks for that post, Neil. Truly something solid to think about and chew on.

2010/10/29 11:02Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy