SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A question

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A question

Does anyone know how long passed between Pentecost and Paul's Damascus road experience?

Thanks in advance.

2010/10/26 19:56

Re: A question

Does the silence mean that 48 people have never looked into this question from a timeline/historical angle?

I've done some research online about this, and do have AN answer, but am unsure if it is THE answer, so I hope there will be more light from some other students.

2010/10/27 13:48
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

According to one commentary I have:

Pentecost-A.D. 33

Conversion of Paul-A.D. 35

that's all I can find about it.

2010/10/27 16:18Profile
Giggles

Re:

I havent done the math, but scholars do have estimated dates for Paul's missionary journeys and writings of his epistles. Taking into account some of his biographical information in Galatians 1 and 2 with the early part of his experience with Barnabas and the Church in Acts, a date could certainly be guaged.

All things considered, 35 A.D. is probably accurate (perhaps allowing for a year or two either way).

2010/10/27 17:36Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

A.D. 37
PAUL'S CONVERSION
Ac 9:1.
A.D. 40
First Visit to Jerusalem
Ac 9:26; Ga 1:18.
A.D. 42-44
First Residence at Antioch
Ac 11:25-30.
A.D. 44
Second Visit to Jerusalem
Ac 11:30; 12:25.
A.D. 45-47
FIRST MISSIONARY JOURNEY
Ac 13:2; 14:26.
A.D. 47-51
Second Residence at Antioch
Ac 14:28.

Third Visit to Jerusalem
Ac 15:2-30; Ga 2:1-10.
(on which see Notes)
A.D. 51,53, or 54
SECOND MISSIONARY JOURNEY
Ac 15:36; 18:22.
A.D. 53 or 54
Fourth Visit to Jerusalem
Ac 18:21-22.

Third Residence at Antioch
Ac 18:22-23.
A.D. 54-58
THIRD MISSIONARY JOURNEY
Ac 16:23; 21:15.
A.D. 58
Fifth Visit to Jerusalem
Arrest and Imprisonment at Cæsarea
Ac 21:15; 23:35.
A.D. 60 (Autumn)--
A.D. 61 (Spring)
Voyage to and Arrival in Rome
Ac 27:1; 28:16.
A.D. 63 Release from Imprisonment
At Crete, Colosse, Macedonia, Corinth, Nicopolis, Dalmatia, Troas First and Second Timothy and Titus
Ac 28:30.
A.D. 63-65, or 66, or possibly as late as A.D. 66-68
Martyrdom at Rome

Aprox 2 year between Pentecost and Pauls conversion, then we know Paul was aprox 3 years with Christ and Jesus revealing Himself in Paul. This is a very good aproximate of Paul and His ministry. It certainly shows that at Pentecost they knew something had taken place, but did not know or remember the birthing Jesus told Nicodemus must take place to understand the things of God. That is why Paul is so important to the Church, Paul reveals the Christ in the believer and says that is the final gospel to usward in the fulness of time, "Colossians 1:21-29 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

They did not know this at Pentecost, that is why Paul was sent to the Gentile Church, that we might know the mystery of Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/10/28 18:31Profile

Re: A question

Phillip, thank you for the information about all of Paul's life.

I am slightly bemused that it's believed he was converted so early. My own impression had been that more years had gone by - up to a decade, perhaps. But that's why I posted the question - for confirmation - and I didn't get it!

God bless you.

2010/10/30 9:45
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I thought Paul's ministry began some 15 years after Pentecost, but this information I posted was as close as I could come, with scripture and history bringing the date of Paul's conversion closer to Pentecost than I believed. Still wanting more conformation and will keep looking and asking for understanding of this important understanding of the beginning of Paul and his revelations of "Christ and Him crucified," and also in all his epistles, "Christ in us" and us in Jesus our first born Brother of the son's of God.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/10/30 12:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy