SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Chapter 14: Limitations of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Buwa

Chapter 14: Limitations of God

Let me ask you a few questions, maybe you can answer!

Is God limited at any point? Can he be judged by our standard? Is it true that When God asks us not to do certain things we cannot turn around and point fingers at him and ask him “what about you”? Do we know if we can or cannot create standards for him? Can we limit his Character by any measure or sprirtual boundry? Is this allowed? Who is this "person" they call God,what is his Character and according to what standards should his character be limited?

What is the righteousness of God? Whose side is he on? Does he author confusion? Has he ever? Is God greater than this world? Does he operate within or under the law or is he greater than the law? Does he operate within the timing of his physical creation or within the eternal timing of his spirit world? Can he be limited to any timing or is he greater than timing at all? Is God's goodness defined by what we are sure is good or what God says is good? Again I ask who is God to you?

To some God is about to do something, to others he "is doing" something, yet to some Godis not big enough to do certain things, to others he is just an innocent pet so cute and harmless and to some he is a consuming fire, and to others he is big but they are just not sure about his ability!

And to those who lack Judgement he does not exist!!

To me God is everything, he has done everything thats needs to be done through his son, and Christ will not come to die for anyone again. After this is the coming wrath and we will be "saved" from it, and will reign eternally who have obeyed his word.

God's awesome unfathomable might goes against all odds, both moral and immoral. And it is when we come to know God that our definition of good or bad is no longer based on religious morality, but on what God says it is! And our Idea of the Character of the person of the Godhead changes as our hearts are convicted.

The Bible says without faith we cannot please God! This means that anything that is done by "faith" pleases God, and if it pleases God then it is "Good".

Again I can conclude that Gods "goodness" is based on what Gods says his goodness is andnot on the basis of my own earthly moral values and standards. God is perpetually holy and righteous, he is not moral or just good according to the definitions of this world.

What is your understanding about God and his goodness?

He allowed man to fall and reinstated him to sit by his right hand even with Christ, then he called a prostitute righteous (Rahab and the spies), he ask a prophet to marry a prostitute (Hosea), ask a man to walk around butt naked for a couple of years (Isaiah), healed the sick , raise men from the dead, killed &destroyed millions of lives (does this offend you? Why?), allowed children to be slain in uncountable proportions, vindicated the innocent and the guilty like he makes rain to fall in the good and the bad, even though not all appreciated this vindication, he allowed the devil to inflict men with all kinds of sickness and misfortune, sent his only Son who was extremely innocent to come and die for sinners, gave us eternal salvation, sent Moses to ask a Pharaoh to release the Israelites and then hardened Pharaoh's heart so not to give up the Israelites and then he (God) tried to kill the Moses whom he sent on the way to obey "the" command, impregnated a virgin (not sexually but supernaturally), made barren a whole woman(King davids wife, daughter of Saul) and made a barren woman whole (Abrahams wife), split the red sea to save his children, turned water into wine to save a wedding, listens to and answers a billion people at the same time even as they are speaking in a billion languages, and still loves or hates everything and anyone he chooses or is pleased with.

Q. In all these, from where do you want to draw an understanding of Our Father in heavens goodness?

Thank God for Jesus Christ!!

Again I ask, is God still good!?

Despite all these things the bible records about Gods activities on earth, he is still the most eternally righteous God!!! We limit God when we try to judge him at all and worse, judge him by what "we think is good" from our extremely futile and worldly minds perspective. He is not a God of our good book or one to be judged by our standards of what we think is moral or righteous, he is immune to anyone’s judgment because mans judgement is based on morality and sentiment and not discernment and Gods own holiness!

God exists completely out of our time frame and even out of the time frame of principalities and powers. He "WAS(is)", even before our time started ticking (Selah), and he authored the eternal timing (eternity).

...he is GOD, and he cannot be Judged!!!!

There must be a newer and a deeper revelation of Gods goodness and his character in the mind of a true believer, a revelation that instills an eternal fear in our hearts, even on behalf of those that do not know him yet. This is the true Character of God, that he is extreme in all his ways(all) and I make no excuses for what I say, yes! God cannot deny his true Character (I am still very limited of understanding him even though I know this about him). He created man and the earth out of the extremeness of his ability to do so and destroyed it the same way (Noah/end of time). He gave Christ to be killed and that was not a moderate act, but an extreme act. He loves extremely, is extremely merciful, gives himself extremely to those who love hm, heals extremely, kills extremely, hates extremely and even reigns extremely supreme as King of kings and Lord of lords. Note that these extremes are only limited to the activities in this world, in eternity God becomes perpetual in everything he IS, and according to time will be! Hence those who will burn in hell with the devil will do so eternally and those who will reign in life…saleh.

In disputing Gods character we are only trying to make our preferences suited so that we can feel comfortable with the God we worship. This is actually very wrong! Because when we are living in sin, we may want the God we are comfortable with, to tolerate our consistency in doing what the True God hates. What I find interesting in all this is that God did not see things this way when he decided to die for us.

He gave us salvation, "saving" us from his wrath through Jesus on the Cross, he looked at us as we were, laid down his life in our place and gave us a choice to take his life or continue in our way to doom (choice)! No one should try to fine tune or sugar coat the gospel. Hand it in as it is and according to what God says. God does not need us to see him as a handsome or a charming prince before we follow him, and he doesn't want us to be scared to say he is what he says he is when we preach his word.

Cont'd in part 2.

2010/10/25 12:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy