SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Chapter 19: About the trinity [part 1]

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Buwa

Chapter 19: About the trinity [part 1]

Just want to share with you all a little something about the trinity, I hope you enjoy it!

Water, Ice and vapor are three different forms of the same element,..heat, molten and fire are three forms of the same one element,..an Atom is made of up 3 parts,.. a marriage is made up of 3 entities namely the man, the woman and their God,.. a family is made up of 3 parts, father, mother and children! So also you have a spirit, a soul and a body! We observe this when a man dies, one part of him goes back to its maker, the other part goes to judgement and the last part is what we bury in the earth, though this part too will rise to either live forever again or be destroyed forever!

I will like to speak about submission to Gods word before I carry on with the main theme of this message. As a Christian it is perfectly ok to ask questions but it is very important to first submit yourself to the idea of the trinity or any other concept in Gods word before asking. If we try to gain understanding with contempt in our hearts towards a given concept, it will be more like dragging God and his word to court for committing an abominable offense. As Christians what ever God says about himself in his word, we must agree with. God wants us to agree with what he says first, no matter how terrible of confusing it sounds, just agree with him, this has been my experience with God as a Christian.

As you know faith is not understanding what God says before believing in it, rather it is believing what God says before understanding it. When I say "what God says" I do not mean what some pastor says but what Jesus' Spirit which is the same Spirit of God, God who is the soul aspect of the Godhead and the word of God. this is what I say when I say "what God says". So here is a scenario; Jesus' disciples believed in him and "followed" him submitting themselves to his teachings though they did not understand. Just after he was crucified HE APPEARED TO THEM AND OPENED THEIR MINDS AND THEY UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING he had been saying and they confessed agreeing that he is indeed the son of God!

He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.45Then he OPENED THEIR MINDS SO THAT THEY COULD UNDERSTAND the Scriptures.- Luke 24:44 - 45

God, is 1 Spirit, 3 aspects, displaying 1 personality and 1 Character, though they display 3 different administrations, they have 1 goal! God does not exist in a fallen state like man and is not living in a humus body ('hu'man), neither does he wait for time to pass like man, and neither can he die. However man is Created like God but not in heaven but on earth. God made man "on earth", "with earth" so that he can have "dominion over the earth".PTN! God who has no beginning and no end is the "Soul" aspect of the Godhead, has a Spirit and a Body but his body is not earthen, it is glorified through Christ.

Man is in a fallen state and is made of earthen vessel. Before man fell the soul of man was the center of authority of Man, and Man was given dominion over the earth. Just as God had dominion over all eternity! We understand that it is from the soul of a man that his emotions, his will, and expressions of the minds contents are brought forth. And originally the flesh cannot do anything unless the soul tells it to do it, and the spirit of a man will not allow life and movement to his body unless the soul is present and active in that body! If the soul is departed from the body, then the spirit goes back to his maker, if the soul is dormant then the spirit within a man strives with the flesh for a short time and departs the body living the body to return to humus.

Let me just make it clear that I abjectly disagree with Sigmund Frueds concept of spirit, soul and body because Mr Sigmund was not saved and had not Idea of what God says about the issue, so taking any kind of instructions from Frued is out of the question! Frued insists that the Soul is the same with the Spirit but I disagree, and you have the right to disagree as well!!

Lets see how the bible see's spirit and soul:

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.- 1 Thessalonians 5:23

According to our Scriptures, Spirit, Soul and Body are abjectly separate though they are woven together in one person. This is how God too is, (Note I said
how God is, not how he is created, He "IS" and was never created) though not in a fallen state, God can not fall or be deceived like man!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was WOVEN together in the depths of the earth,- Psalm 139:14-16

God the father who is the Soul aspect of the trinity is the center of the Godhead, given instructions to the Body(Christ the Man) and the Spirit(Christ the word). God the father has a Spirit, and a Body! You will notice that this is why Jesus always spoke about taking instructions from the father, and at the same time makes himself seem less than the father, and he also mentioned that the helper, when he comes will not act on his own, but do what the father tells him. This is how God also designed man, that the soul person (You/Mr A,B,C,D), gives instructions to the spirit and body flesh, this is the first category of dominion as given by God, that a man retain the ability to live in this world puting under full authority his own body. For if a man can not control his own body, how will he control the created beings he has been given dominion over? This is why the first characteristics of the fallen flesh of a man is an utter lack of self control, meaning the soul has lost its place, authority and dominion over the flesh and spirit.

Cont'd [part 2]

2010/10/25 2:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy