SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Must watch video by Jim Cymbala on Prayer!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Must watch video by Jim Cymbala on Prayer!

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/november/cymbala.gif[/img]

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=6035]Calling On The Name Of The Lord (video) by Jim Cymbala[/url] [/b]- Description: His clear cut call to really understanding the true nature of Christian life is that it must be lived in prayer. He shows from the beginning of the bible to the end God has gathered apart a people to Himself that would 'call upon His name'. Be challanged, convicted and changed as you listen to this message, it has been a turning point for my life and many others also that I personally know. I believe this message was preached at Jack Hayford's church.

--

This message has left an very strong mark on my Christian life, I have listened to it many times and it has really helped me stay focused on the most rudimentary primary function of a believer of God! PRAYER! Calling on the name of the Lord!

Click on the link above to stream the video or better yet you can right click on it and choose "save target as" to download it to your computer. The total file size of the file is about 44.4MB. If you are logged in go here to post a comment about this video: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=6035&commentView=postComment]Post a Comment[/url]

2004/11/1 21:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Must watch video by Jim Cymbala on Prayer!

Has anyone watched this video? I really want to try and get it out there and viewed by as many people as possible. What a challange and strech this video brings to our hardened form of western christianity.

2004/11/2 9:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Praise God [b]313[/b] downloads already! I am really praying that this video will be a blessing to many. Email friends and tell them to watch this video, may we come to God on His terms and be a people that truly call upon His name. Use this video for your glory Lord!

2004/11/2 13:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

This is amazing how many people have downloaded this in under 3 days! I am hoping it will become one of the most watched and listened to recordings on SI pretty soon. I know this video is having an impact on people far beyond what can be scoped or imagined. And I pray its ultimate fruit will be to get people praying to God truly, being a Man of Prayer! Praying in all ocassions to the great God we are serving! Who are we kidding? if its anything otherwise.

2004/11/3 11:24Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Praise God, its wonderful to see a video of this quality and message go out to so many people! Pray it has an impact of lasting effect upon the hearers.

2004/11/5 9:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Where's the comments?

Hope to get a chance to watch this evening.
It's a guess, but I believe there is an audio message that is very similar that I recall based on this passage in Genesis from Mr. Cymbala.

2004/11/5 10:02Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It's a guess, but I believe there is an audio message that is very similar that I recall based on this passage in Genesis from Mr. Cymbala.

Yes its that same audio messages but its expanded abit more the audio message cuts off abit. Its definetly worth seeing, it will change your life! yea wheres the comments? :-P

2004/11/5 10:18Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re: Calling on the name of the Lord

I've just watched the sermon. It made an impact on me...the necessity and then also the simplicity of calling on the name of the Lord.

"God says: I want praise from your life. The only way fresh praise will come, is if you keep calling upon Me in days of trouble. And when you forget to call upon Me, I will just send some trouble to remind you how smart you really are."

"Trouble is one of God’s greatest servants isn’t it, because it reminds us how much we need the Lord"

How much do I, do we, need the Lord God Almighty! And how real He is. Sometimes I never get passed the image that God is my Creator. I stay there. But God isn't merely our Creator, He's as active as when He created the world. He's God and when we will call upon His name, He will answer: "Draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you" (James 4:8)

"Why would God sent people like that to Heaven? If the people of my Church don’t want to be around God’s presence and they don’t love God’s presence? Why would they go to heaven? It would ruin everything for them. In Heaven there’s nothing but God! If you don’t enjoy His presence and you don’t love to call upon Him and worship Him. I don’t care what doctrine you have in your head"

We desperately need to pray...when we are in need, we turn to people of whom we know that they can help us out. This world is in need, we personally are in need, our friends are in need...to whom will we turn to?

"What does that say about our churches, when God has the Church born in a prayer meeting, and we don’t even have a prayer meeting."

I came across a lyric of Casting Crowns and it really fits the message of Jim Cymbala. Let me share it with you all:

[i]What if the armies of the Lord,
Picked up and dusted off their swords,
Vowed to set the captives free,
And not let satan have one more

What if the church, for heaven's sake
Finally stepped up to the plate
Took a stand upon God's promise
And stormed hell's rusty gates

[b]Chorus[/b]
What if His people prayed
And those who bare His name
Would humbly seek His face
And turn from their own way

And what would happen if we prayed
For those raised up to lead the way
Then maybe kids in school could pray
And unborn children see light of day

What if the life that we pursue
Came from a hunger for the truth
What if the family turned to Jesus
Stopped asking Oprah what to do

He said that He would hear,
His promise has been made
He'll answer loud and clear
If only we would pray

If My people call by My name
If they'll humble themselves and pray
If My people call by My name
If they'll humble themselves and pray[/i]

Let us humble ourselves and just do the thing...it's so easy, but yet, the first thing we skip is reading the Word and prayer. Let us skip all other things and pray!

In Him,

Paul

2004/11/6 16:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I've just watched the sermon. It made an impact on me...the necessity and then also the simplicity of calling on the name of the Lord.

Amen praise God, yes its so simple yet profound that we are a people distinct from others because we pray and call out to a God who hears and answers us. We are a peculair people in this earth because of our love and willingness to serve our God admist others, may Gods grace that saved us pour out onto others, may they see our devotion for Christ and our reliance on Him in prayer. WOW in just 4 days this video has been downloaded [b]837[/b] times! praise God, I know it has touched and will touch many more lifes. If you haven't listened to it you can here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=6035]Calling On The Name Of The Lord (video) by Jim Cymbala[/url], if you have and it has blessed you then pray that it will touch other peoples lifes.

2004/11/7 17:19Profile
kathleen1

Re: Must watch video by Jim Cymbala on Prayer!

I have had the same convictions about prayer that this man is preaching on. I was amazed at how the people he is teaching laugh at him, in the face of such sobering truths. I did not hear him say anything funny, it's a telling thing when people in a church can laugh in the face of such sober instruction. Jesus said his house is to be a house of prayer, and we are the temple of the Holy Ghost, who will teach us to pray if we just make the time and ask! Lord help us to want to pray!

Kathleen Maples

2004/11/8 22:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy