SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Terror of the Lord

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

The Terror of the Lord

Enter the rock and hide in the dust From the terror of the LORD and from the splendor of His majesty. Isaiah 2:10

God passed over me when he came to put me to death. The only thing that saved me was pleading the blood of Jesus to him, this was after I was born again. We speak so much here on these forumns. Be warned! If you speak from the flesh you are not speaking for God. If you are not inspired by the Holy Spirit then your words are worthless. Do you really want to provoke God. Here is what happens when a man who is to speak for God provokes him to anger.

Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met him and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet, and she said, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me." So He let him alone. At that time she said, "You are a bridegroom of blood"— because of the circumcision. Exodus 4:24-26

Take heed to the Scriptures. Do you not believe what they say?

“Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know Him who said, VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE. It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.” (Hebrews 10:28-31)

I have fallen into these hands and it was terrifying. We must all Repent!

2010/10/21 14:45Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: The Terror of the Lord

Amen,

We need prophets who sound the thunder of God's wrath that bring salvation.

2010/10/21 15:20Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Amen, We need prophets who sound the thunder of God's wrath that bring salvation.

Actually it is not the knowledge of God's wrath that brings salvation. It is the knowledge of His grace and mercy. It is His goodness that leads us to salvation. The law was the revelation of His wrath against sin, and all it brought us was condemnation and death. It could never bring life or salvation. (Romans, Hebrews, Galatians, et.al.) It is the realization that we can receive the gift of salvation offered through no effort of our own that brings salvation.

It is true that God's wrath will be poured out on sin. It is realization of this that shows us our need for a savior. But neither of these things is the gospel. The gospel is the good news that we can be saved from wrath by the grace of God.

2010/10/21 18:34Profile

Re:

I was saved through the goodness, mercy and unconditional love of God, demonstrated in and through His Son, Jesus Christ.

I did not know anything about His wrath, then. I just knew He loved me unconditionally and would forgive me for my heinous sins. I definitely knew I was a sinner, lost and going to hell. I came to God, because I needed a Savior from my sins.

Matthew 1:21
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

2010/10/21 19:05
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: The Terror of the Lord

Travis, you made some excellent points.

These verses from Hebrews are serious. If this does not put some holy fear in a body, I am not sure anything can. People do not want to hear about the wrath of God because it is frightening. But the reality is that without it there can be no love, no mercy. Love and mercy exist only when there is a sure condemnation of punishment for wrongdoing. Love and mercy appear to salvage one from this sure sentence of death. Once we realize this, or hearts will be so filled with gratitude that we will serve our savior joyfully.

2010/10/21 19:53Profile
Compton

Re:

"Actually it is not the knowledge of God's wrath that brings salvation. It is the knowledge of His grace and mercy. It is His goodness that leads us to salvation."

And, to affirm, and harmonize with what is being said thus far in this thread, I would add that salvation is also a result of "seeing" Christ truthfully. It is being cured of spiritual blindness.

"Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said, “Do you believe in the Son of Man?”“Who is he, sir?” the man asked. “Tell me so that I may believe in him.”Jesus said, “You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”

Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.

Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”Some Pharisees who were with him heard him say this and asked, “What? Are we blind too?”Jesus said, “If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

I realize seeing is an obvious statement, but I think it's worth bringing up to help clarify how wrath or the kindness of God leads to salvation; without the grace of spiritual eyesight neither the wrath of God nor the kindness of God are apprehended by our hearts and minds. And, even though we apprehend only in part and feebly, it is still only because he touched our eyes:) I know everyone knows these things, but there is a remarkable humility afforded when one considers the particular grace of eyesight...made all the more precious by the mystery that the wisest religious teachers and worldly philosophers of this age can not see what they dissect so expertly.

Blessings!

Mike

2010/10/22 1:20Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

What truly brought me to Christ was a Revelation of His unbelievable Goodness shining a light on my unbelievable Wickness.

I think Paris Reidhead says its best, "It wasn't trying to convience Good men they were in trouble with a bad God but it was to convience bad men they were in trouble with a Good God."

What draws me closer everyday is his kindness towards me, if I knew there was no hope for forgiveness I would simply give up and live in sin freely knowing its no use to even try, however to know dispite my mess ups and wickedness He is still willing to have me that keeps me close to Him.

2010/10/22 2:00Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
if I knew there was no hope for forgiveness I would simply give up and live in sin freely knowing its no use to even try

Isn't it wonderful that if we confess our sins the blood of the blessed savior Jesus will cleanse us from them? He is the only Way. Without Him we would all be under the Wrath of all mighty God. Therefore lets not neglect so great a salvation as this. Praise Jesus for he has accomplished it!

2010/10/22 5:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy