Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need help with youth

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am totally getting connected brother thanks for the reference, I believe one of my gifts is encouragement, I just didn't have a way of using it fully now I have that outlet! I already signed up for the Free Booklet and anticipate reading it. Also finally a place I can use my money where I know it counts :).

2010/10/22 2:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Need help with youth

Alf,

I did not read all the posts on this thread, but I do have one suggestion.

I, also, have taught people of all ages at church: adult ladies, youth girls, children (junior). In doing so I see a great need among people in knowing how to study the WORD. This seems like a no-brainer, but the reality exists - big time.

I suggest you teach these youth the Inductive Method of Bible Study! Make up your own lessons! And walk with them through this process. (I took this class in Bible School and it is the most practical and useful class taught, IMHO.) If you are unfamiliar with this method, do your own research on the web...

Actually, in all the times I have spent teaching, there were several times I wrote my own lessons. Prepared lessons have a way of irritating me....Basically, my modus operandi is to know the WORD, let it fill your heart, mind and soul and then let the HOLY SPIRIT use it to teach. What you say will be an outgrowth from time spent in the WORD. Doing so will result you sharing insight you never thought of before. This is the work of the Holy Spirit. Awesome! God is awesome and it is this fact that one works to communicate.

God bless....come back and tell us what you did.

ginnyrose

EDIT: I usually refrain from reading much in a class. I would retell the story, keeping eye contact with the students, and being dramatic in the retelling of the story. Interspersed with it I will ask questions - working to help them visualize the incident and what it would have been like to have been there: help them to smell the flowers, as it were.

2010/10/22 9:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy