SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : (thread title edited) "hypocrites", actors and their antics.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: my dear brother Bill the Pro

Quote:
Some Pentecostal denominations have taken the Baptism of the Holy Spirit to some pretty whacked out extremes, and i will not be along for that "ride"....for example, "holy drunkeness"...or "holy laughter".

Neil, thanks for sharing your input, I know this kind of "entertainment" for lack of a better word, has crossed over the Pentecostal lines today, it sort of reminds me of Hollywood, and the need to capture an audience, and keep that audience held in bondage, no matter what the cost. Well, as you said, it will catch up with them eventually,at a cost not just to them, but also a cost to others they captured along their travels, and this is really the saddest part. Some folks are always looking for that little extra revelation, and get pulled away from the most meaningful revelation they could ever have, and that is the revelation, that Christ standing as close to them as a brother, this is why it's so important to keep your eyes focused on Christ. This is a very good reminder for every one of us, when we have a tendency to take our eyes off of the Lord, we have a natural tendency to look in other directions, our minds can only focus on one thing at a time. So, if our eyes are focused somewhere else, we cannot be focused on Christ.

2010/10/21 13:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: my dear brother Bill the Pro

Appreciate your testimony, Neil. God bless you...

I agree with Bill that this thread can be resurrected to something edifying. But the bottom line, too, is that folks do not want their religious idols exposed so one can reasonably expect opposition.

Last weekend Joseph Webb from FL was at our church to share with us concerning Marriage and divorce. I asked him whether he attended Bentley's meetings. He said he went there but they would not let him in - they were selective on who was allowed in. I do not know criteria was used to make this discernment.

I am also convinced there are many false teachers out there who are much more subtle in their deception then Bentley is who are pulling people away from God. Bentley is so gross it turns many people off. Then you have preachers who are ever so nice, calm, proper...these are the ones I have to be beware of.

Al Whittinghill mentioned self-esteem. How many well-meaning folks preach self-esteem as a means to a full-filling life? This teaching sounds so comforting. But it does nothing - absolutely nothing (PTL) - in the middle of the night when my sins come before me... This is just one [false teaching]...

ginnyrose

2010/10/21 13:33Profile

Re:

Lord, help us to know your voice.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

2010/10/21 13:48

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy