SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone praying like John Hyde?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
iampneuma

Florida

Anyone praying like John Hyde?

I finished reading The Kneeling Christian by an Unknown Christian, eye-opening, challenging! Now I started reading Praying Hyde, and I've been coming down to my knees. I want to die to self, I want to live for Christ.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone now a days praying like Hyde did. Does anyone know?

Also, I wanted to ask anyone who is willing to read the Kneeling Christian, and to pray for me. That I may die, and give myself wholly to Christ. That I may be, and become holy. That I may be given the Holy Ghost.

Thank you if you do,
Laura

2010/10/18 13:12Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Anyone praying like John Hyde?

Laura, I don't know of anyone in our day who prays like that. I think you would do well to talk to Mr. Dan Biser. He goes around the country looking for such people.

But I promise to read the book and pray for you.

2010/10/18 13:17Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

Grace to you in your endevours; just beware of falling into works righteousness and condemnation if you don't pray as much as another Christian; your walk is your own and not to be compared to others. Rest in Christ and His imputed righteousness and pray from the heart.
Blessings,
Joe

2010/10/18 13:22Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Blessed be your soul, Laura, you are asking the best thing a mortal can ask for. I know people who can pray, and I mean not just say prayers, but none like John Hide. I asked the Lord to let me meet real prophets, and he answered my prayer. I have recently asked Him to show me some real intercessors, but I have not met them yet. They lead a hidden life and they do not want to be found out less they spoil their reward.
It is a command to be filled with the Holy Spirit, but only the inadequate, meek, humble,, mourning, peacemakes can receive Him.

Leonard Ravenhill knew some of these intercessors, they are featured in some of his sermons.

2010/10/18 17:11Profile
earle777

Re:

I have recently asked Him to show me some real intercessors, but I have not met them yet. They lead a hidden life and they do not want to be found out less they spoil their reward.

AMEN

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

2010/10/18 17:28Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

At the same time, we long to have agroup of believers that really get together to pray for the country and for revival. true intercessors. The Bible speaks of both private prayer and corporate prayer. I would live to find a group in my area who get together just to pray.

2010/10/18 17:38Profile

" Anyone praying like John Hyde?
I finished reading The Kneeling Christian by an Unknown Christian, eye-opening, challenging! Now I started reading Praying Hyde, and I've been coming down to my knees. I want to die to self, I want to live for Christ.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone now a days praying like Hyde did. Does anyone know?"
.......................lampneuma.

Most people who would learn to pray with this fervor and power would probably prefer to keep it secret. It's on the same par with fasting; Do it unto God.

It's usually the religious crowd that would sound a trumpet about how spiritual they have become.....

2010/10/24 17:14
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

I think what we need is look after the "fellowship of the burning hearts" as Tozer used to say. Some people have the gift of intercession like Hyde did, may be we cannot reach the save intesity of prayer or the same degree of holiness as he did but still according to the measure of our faith, God can give us the Spirit and we can burn for him in prayer and in holy living.

I lament my cold heart and i feel the need to rekindle the old flames of Holy Ghost again. May God give us longing hearts for Him and humble hearts too, that we may receive grace in our time of need.

Its inspiring to see the life of Christ in the life of a man of God, who has crusified the flesh with its evil passions and been made a saint in the true sense of the word by the grace of God. Thats why these godly men like John Hyde have an irresistable spiritual attraction to us because they radiate the glory of God in their humble lives.

I have been living in the flesh and the Spirit, really this up and down life is burdensom and torturous because there is no spiritual stability and perseverance. Sometimes i have even backslid and i know that im not the only one to go thru these experiences as many other christians have the same issues.

How many times have we quenched the Spirit or even been so spiritually "dead" if i may use the term that we forgot what it feels like to be on fire for Jesus. And then we become experts on debates and theology, arguing from the head the wonders of God's grace when our hearts are cold as ice. Really God help us and enlighten us to know that humility is the most necessery thing we need today, when we have "sanctified" pride and made it look like a great virtue.

God resist the proud but gives grace to the humble. John Hyde and the author of Kneeling Christian, were part of that generation of christians that believed and emphasized genuine repentance, faith and holinesss of life and Jesus Christ was the center of their life, who was their all in all, the one who is all-sufficient and life itself.

I agree that those men are rare to find today as they are really humble and modest and their only interest is to do the will of the Father and please God not men. May God really give us grace to open the eyes of our understanding and see the wonders of his love and grace and how much we are missing by being cold, lukeward or still worse spiritually dead.

Blessings,

Redi

2010/10/24 18:10Profile
noone

United States

Re:

UntoBabes
Re:
"At the same time, we long to have agroup of believers that really get together to pray for the country and for revival. true intercessors. The Bible speaks of both private prayer and corporate prayer. I would live to find a group in my area who get together just to pray."

I would say don't give up on this desire. I am saying this in all humility..... we have been praying for almost 5 yrs for this and God has led us to such a group! I am so thankful for His leading and His mercy! I am sure not saying we pray like Hyde but just to have a group that is willing to humble themselves and pray for an awakening is amazing!

2010/10/24 21:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy