SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking For A Church In The DC Metro Area

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Looking For A Church In The DC Metro Area

Looking for a church in the DC Metro area, and preferably in Northern Virginia, whose teaching and preaching are very similar to the five points of Calvinism.

If this kind of church cannot be found, I would like to find a church in the same area that does not believe that man has a free will or in another words, they preach that man’s will is in slavery or in bondage to sin. And also that all men (humans) are dead in sin, because of what happened in the Garden of Eden. These are in addition to the obvious, the Word of God (the Bible) is inerrant (without error), and specifically, it is the Bible & Jesus Christ that govern the Church, not tradition.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your help!

As icing on the cake though, it would be really supper to find a preacher that doesn’t mind if the Word of God that he preaches offends the world and that he doesn’t mind if the world hates him, that it is his responsibility to preach the Gospel as it is, and not worry if the Gospel offends or is offensive, and specifically that he does not change the Gospel so that it does not offend.

2010/10/17 12:38Profile
BenK

Harrisburg PA

Re: Looking For A Church In The DC Metro Area

Have you checked out "Capitol Hill Baptist"?

Here is a link - http://www.capitolhillbaptist.org/

Mark Dever is a wonderful preacher who embraces and proclaims the Gospel and the sovereignty of God in all things

2010/10/17 16:26Profile
Josef83

Sweden

Re: Looking For A Church In The DC Metro Area

i belive man has a free will, otherwise why would god create the tree of good and evil ?

2010/10/18 0:41Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: i belive man has a free will, otherwise why would god create the tree of good and evil ?

Quote:
i belive man has a free will, otherwise why would god create the tree of good and evil ?

There is another topic "Man's Will" where they are going over that stuff, you should check that out, I am just looking for a Church I can attend where their preaching doesn’t sound like nails being scratched down a chalk board.

In regards to free will though, I just know for the fact that although I want to do good, I just seem to naturally do what is wrong, and I hate myself for this. I hate the fact that I sin and re-crucify Christ daily, I want to do what’s right, but no matter what, and as hard as I can try, I cannot be perfect, I am in need of a Savior. This is one of the biggest burdens I carry, and is why I cling to Christ daily.

2010/10/19 12:49Profile
MikeCorral

Washington, DC

Re: Have you checked out "Capitol Hill Baptist"?

Thank you very much, I will check them out. So far it looks okay.

Their covenant (http://www.capitolhillbaptist.org/we-are/governed/covenant/) looks fine, going to check out their Statement of Faith and Constitution, and also check out some sermons too.

Thanks again!

2010/10/19 12:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy