SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do we know God's will?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

How do we know God's will?

Hi all,
I hope I've posted this in the right place--it's my second post do far.
I've been praying for revival in Kenya and 2 Fridays ago, as I listened to a sermon by Leonard Ravenhill "Revival" (he preaches from Is. 5) the Lord showed up and revealed the true nature of my heart. I was brought low and cried like a baby, repented and changed a number of things in my life. However I believe the Lord wants me to make a very big and fundamental change in my life.
And I'm scared.
Because it has such far reaching consequences, I'm wondering how to be sure/get a confirmation.
I have recieved prophetic statements that so far have not come to pass. It has led me to realise that there are times I have acted presumptuously.
If you have somethign to say, I would appreciate it. But otherwise please join me in prayer.
I don't want to settle for the good when I could have the best.

2004/11/1 12:21Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: How do we know God's will?

Quote:
If you have somethign to say, I would appreciate it. But otherwise please join me in prayer. I don't want to settle for the good when I could have the best.

We shall certainly join you in prayer that you would be filled with the knowledge of God's will.

Also, when you mentioned not settling for "good" when you can have "best", I was reminded of a powerful sermon that Art katz preached, it is life changing ministry, perhaps you should give it a listen;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2761]Be Ye Perfect - Art Katz[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2004/11/1 12:43Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Thanks, I'm encouraged and I'm downloading!

2004/11/1 12:58Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

I would only have one suggestion.

I would strongly caution against some type of Word given to you, unless given to directly by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit wants to speak directly to you and anyone the Spirit tells you is consistent with the Word. I went for a season where I needed to hear "A Word from the Lord" from other people but now I need to hear Him speak directly to me.

As far as repentance goes, I know there's not a timeline per se. I've been repenting for 2 years and there's still some fallow ground in my heart, even though I'm not walking in any known sin. I'm not suggesting that your situation is the same as mine (not likely b/c I've truly had a multitude of things to repent over) but it's a process, as well as a lifestyle.

Just keep your hands to the plough and your eyes on Jesus. That's all I would suggest.

2004/11/1 13:23Profile
dohzman

The Will of God will always bring you to a cross and never contradict his written word.While it sometimes seems sponteouness , it's usually only after much prayer and a willingness to die to self that one really understands God's will.Rember the devil will never lead you to the Word of God in reading or obedience to it out of a sense of Holy Fear and the devil will always show you another way out side of the cross Of Jesus Christ.Rom 12:1-2 Good -- seems good to the body of believers I fellowship with Acceptable --- is acceptable to me perfect ---will have God's perfect peace in its leading.

2004/11/1 18:28Profile
rocklife

usa

One way to know God's will is continue in the Bible and prayer, with the heart to follow Jesus and Him only.

2004/11/1 19:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hi Richard,

Gideons advice:

Quote:
I would strongly caution against some type of Word given to you, unless given to directly by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit wants to speak directly to you and anyone the Spirit tells you is consistent with the Word. I went for a season where I needed to hear "A Word from the Lord" from other people but now I need to hear Him speak directly to me.

Is well said. Be a good Berean and confirm everything by what God's word says, [b]it[/b] alone is the true standard by which we can judge all things. Receiving prophetic statements as you put it tends to raise a red flag in that the days are evil and many false prophets have arisen if I may put it that way. Just a caution. Also this may be of some help in the whole realm of defining what prophecy means in our time as well as time past: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=3420&forum=36&post_id=&refresh=Go]Men spake from God[/url] In the first post by Philologos there is another link by the same name that is a good study as well.

Also, are you familiar with YWAM Athi- River Training Centre there in Nairobi?
Curious, just getting together a package to send to them when I saw your post.

2004/11/1 22:01Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

A wise son said "It is written"

2004/11/1 23:07Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Dear all,
Thanks for all your input and prayer.
I didn't recieve this by prophecy. It's just a call to deeper consecration and holiness.
I'm learning to pray not just to hear God's voice, but to have the grace to follow what He says. What I believe to be God's voice leads me right to the cross and leaves me there. I believe I'm being called to radical obedience. But because it means a career change, I've got to be sure.

"We are called to do God's work, God's way and in God's timing." Badly quoted, but I hope you catch my drift.

Dear Mike,
I know YWAM in Kenya and they have a great testimony. Athi River is 40km south of Nairobi, but I haven't had the pleasure of knowing any YWAM member.

BTW: It's a pleasure and priviledge to be a part of sermonindex.

2004/11/2 8:10Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Brother Richard,

I understand now and we'll pray for you more specifically. Jesus calls for repentance and obedience. Our walk and talk must be consistent. There's little value in repentance without obedience. The two things are intrinsically linked.

As far as your work, I pray that the Lord will lead you and that if you fail to follow His guidance that it will lead to emptiness of heart and purpose. I'm praying that if I don't follow that it will lead to great anguish of heart (a very dangerous prayer).

Jesus will answer you so submit to Him as He speaks to your heart and as He quickens your heart through the Word.

Praise God, Jesus is going to do a wonderful thing in your life. That's all I say brother, praise God...

2004/11/2 10:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy