SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : "In Your Afflictions Look to Jesus" - Winslow

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

"In Your Afflictions Look to Jesus" - Winslow

"If you would tell your grief to one who knew grief as none ever knew it; if you would weep upon the bosom of one who wept as none ever wept; if you would disclose your sorrow to one who sorrowed as none ever sorrowed; and if you would bare your wound to one who was wounded as none ever was wounded, then, in your affliction, turn from all creature sympathy and succor, and look to Jesus! You could not take your trial, your affliction, and your sorrow to a kinder nature, to a tenderer bosom, to a deeper love, to a more powerful arm, and to a more sympathizing friend!

"Go and breathe your sorrows into His heart, and He will comfort you! Blessed sorrow if, in the time of your bereavement, your grief, and your solitude you are led to Jesus, making Him your Savior, your Friend, your Counselor and your Shield."

-- Octavius Winslow

2010/10/15 13:13Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: "In Your Afflictions Look to Jesus" - Winslow

Thanks....Lord.

2010/10/15 13:18Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

"There was a wo­man to whom God had per­mit­ted ma­ny vi­sit­a­tions of sor­row and af­flict­ion. Com­ing to her home one day, I found her much dis­cour­aged. She un­bur­dened her heart, con­cluding with the quest­ion, “Bro­ther Hoff­man, what shall I do?” I quot­ed from the word, then add­ed, “You can­not do bet­ter than to take all of your sor­rows to Je­sus. You must tell Jesus.”

For a mo­ment she seemed lost in med­i­ta­tion. Then her eyes light­ed as she ex­claimed, “Yes, I must tell Je­sus.” As I left her home I had a vi­sion of that joy-il­lum­in­at­ed face…and I heard all along my path­way the echo, “I must tell Je­sus. I must tell Je­sus.”

Hoffman wrote these words after reach­ing home:

I must tell Jesus all of my trials;
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me;
He ever loves and cares for His own.

I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.

I must tell Jesus all of my troubles;
He is a kind, compassionate friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.

Tempted and tried, I need a great Savior;
One Who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus;
He all my cares and sorrows will share.

O how the world to evil allures me!
O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the victory to win.

* I felt impressed in my spirit to create this thread today. Perhaps there is someone reading this right now that desperately needs the message of a kind, loving Savior who cares for you without condition. He created you, He understands all your hurts, your failures, your givings-up, exasperations, tears and resignated groans. Dear saint, our Lord is a Restoring Redeemer. Go to Him now, just as you are, shame and all. He will receive you in a moment, cover you in kisses of mercy and reassure you that you are His child. For He knoweth your frame. He remembereth you are made of dust.

Brother Paul

http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/i/m/imustell.htm

2010/10/15 14:17Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

yesterdays grace gems

thanks for sharing the testimony of that woman. love that song! :)

2010/10/15 17:00Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,even Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:14-16).

2010/10/15 18:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy