SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : God's name honored during miners' rescue

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

God's name honored during miners' rescue

I was encouraged today by the open display of faith during the miners' rescue in Chile. Many of them wore T-shirts with Ps 95:3-4 on the back :

3For the LORD is a great God
And a great King above all gods,
4In whose hand are the depths of the earth,
The peaks of the mountains are His also.

They also had the word Jesus on the sleeve and Thank you Lord on the front of it. Two of them (as far as I've seen) knelt to pray when they came out of the capsule and one was waving his Bible with a thumbs up. The second miner to come up gave a testimony of how both God and the devil were in the mine with them and God won. He never let go of His hand, he said. The president too, gave thanks to God for the rescue.
This website:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/10/rescued_from_a_chilean_mine.html
(which is one of my favorites) has a great picture blog with tons of people praising God and giving Him glory in the comments.

I realise that people are emotional during such events, but I feel we should pray for a great big revival to start in Chile. The Lord will surely bless them for honoring His Name, even when that earthquake hit earlier this year, they were giving praise to God.

2010/10/13 23:17Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: God's name honored during miners' rescue

Someone said on facebook earlier that if God where real, He would have stopped the cave in. I said that without the cave in, His testimony would not have reached him (the poster).

Praise the Lord for His testimony! He works in mysterious and wonderful ways. His ways are truly not our ways. :-)

2010/10/13 23:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy