SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for a converted demoniac.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Pray for a converted demoniac.

Brethern,
I need to post these prayer requests. This forum, this community is helping wage the battle against the devil and the flesh. About a week ago, in the compilations thread a brother(I forget who, forgive me) turned me onto Carter Conlon's sermon, "Signs of an Active Faith". BLESS GOD!! as I tamped down the flames that trailed 15 feet behind me (lol) God spoke to me and told me to burn two other copies for a pair of my brothers, Terry and Steve....two precious brothers, friends of mine, co-laborer's in the Vineyards of God....forgive me for waxing excessively, its just when I think of these two, I begin to understand the heart of Paul as he wrote to Timothy from a dungeon.....anyway.

I drove the one CD to Terry, who works as a custodian at my boys old school. ...and I just caught him Friday as he was leaving, he took the CD and said, "I have to work the school's halloween festival tommorrow night (Sat) at 5, come visit with me". I told him, "make sure you lissen to that sermon, it'll light you aflame."

so we split. I have going thru very very rough financial times, God has been teaching me a real Habbakkuk 3:17-18 lesson, and bless God that I can worship him thru good and bad, its so hard, and this body is so weak. Right after I handed Terry that CD, I received a job and a tidy sum of money....but I hadnt connected those two yet....meaning obedience releasing provision. (I KNOW that our Father will ALWAYS take care of us, praise God, but I also know that He is teaching us His ways, and His hearts desires to mold us into effective co-laborer's of Christ Jesus...I'm getting to the prayer point..lol)

I go back to the school on Saturday at 5...its the usual halloween ........stuff swirling about. About 6 months ago, Terry got a new employee, Steve. Steve had been bounced around as a janitor from school to school, because quite frankly Steve is disturbing. To the world he appears to be somewhat either mentally ill or mentally deficient, to a believer, one might ask where mental illness ends and demonic possession begins, because after Terry hired him, Steve told Terry that the "voice" told him that Terry didnt want him. This was a lie from the pit, because Terry had been asking God to send him someone who would need ministering, and along comes Steve.

As I came there Saturday night, Terry was aflame as he had faithfully listened to Carter Conlon's sermon. (thank you SI and Greg Gordon....May God bless you is my prayer) Terry had been suffering from a crisis of faith, that Jesus had been helping him work thru and this was , as Terry put it, "the icing on the cake". Praise God, as we were both fit to do the LORD's work that Saturday night.

You could feel the war going on in Steve's soul, and I asked him if he wanted a Bible. I usually carry Bibles and Gospel portions in my ride. "Yes", he said, so I scurried off and got him a copy of Max Lucado's New Testament, "He did this for you", and wow..this brother just started reading ...right away, he was that hungry. We were huddled up in Terry's tiny janitor's office, and I had my back to Steve, Terry was facing him, and Terry kept looking over at Steve quizzically. You might be asking what I have my back turned to a mentally ill demoniac for, but you know...Jesus protects the fool!! (lol) All of a sudden Terry asks , "who you talking to?"...what was happening was that the enemy was telling this man What he was reading was a lie......it was unbeleivable, the enemy was so brazen, that he was messing with this man in front of us.

We left the office for some reason or another, and then I said to Terry, "we can't leave Steve alone, what are we doing, we gotta go back, and in the Name of Jesus, cast out that demon or demons...whatever , and one of two things will happen, either he'll manifest and we'll get our hind quarters kicked like the sons of sceva, OR Jesus will use us to deliver this man"....

so we marched back to the tiny office, Terry closed the door, and asked Steve if he wanted us to lay hands on him to pray for him. In a halting voice Steve said "yes"....as I was laying down a prayer covering, binding these demons in the Name of Jesus, Terry looked Steve in the eye and asked him, "Do you want to be made whole?"

"Yes"..(small voice)

Terry then asked, "Do you want to recieve Jesus into your heart?"

"Yes"

Terry told him to repeat and believe what he was about to pray, and Steve came to the LORD, accepted Jesus as his Saviour.

Didnt manifest.

Terry and I talked long into the night, and we agreed that now the discipling of Steve starts, there are two other followers of Jesus at that school, now Steve must be loved like family and recieved into a church family and mentored and loved.....LOVED. As I type this, Terry is probably in the office with both the other believers telling them of Steves glorious conversion.........

so please pray that Steve continues to walk with Jesus.

Pray that Jesus protects him from the attacks of the enemy.

Pray that the Holy Spirit fills him, and that he lets the wind of the Spirit into his heart.

Pray that Terry and the other believers on campus mentor Steve in love and wisdom.

Pray that I never attempt to rob God of His glory, and remain a worm of Christ, recognizing that He is all, and I am nothing.

In Jesus Name, amen.

2004/11/1 11:15
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Pray for a converted demoniac.

Wow...

Don't even know how to begin to respond Neil.
My prayers are with you all.

P.S. Glad you didn't put your computer into storage ;-) unless you are at the library :-o

2004/11/1 11:27Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Terry and I talked long into the night, and we agreed that now the discipling of Steve starts, there are two other followers of Jesus at that school, now Steve must be loved like family and recieved into a church family and mentored and loved.....LOVED. As I type this, Terry is probably in the office with both the other believers telling them of Steves glorious conversion.........

Praise God Neil, thank you for sharing this. What an encouragement and a blessing. This needs to be our everyday experience of God working and moving in our lifes. Lord allow us to become concious of the spiritual war all around us!

2004/11/1 11:48Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

When I first heard Pastor Carter, I was just bowled over because he has such passion for Jesus. It just comes out of him like springs of living water. Praise the Lord, I can't stop listening to that compilation as well.

Praise God on Steve's conversion and I pray that he may learn to feed on the flesh of Jesus and His blood and the living word of God. Praise God for his graciousness!

2004/11/1 14:11Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy