SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : My Ankle (Healed!!!)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

My Ankle (Healed!!!)

Sunday morning during the 9:30 AM service, my pastor asked everybody who was sick or in pain to lay their hands on that part of their body that was bothering them, and then we prayed for God to heal. I do believe God heals people today, as we serve a risen Savior, but because of the excesses I've seen in the church over the years, I've always taken a "cautiously optimistic" approach to claims of divine healing. So, I write this thread "cautiously optimistic," but, I do believe God healed me Sunday morning in Church.

For the past year, I've suffered from what I the doctors called a tarsal calusion (I'm not sure if that is the correct spelling). Basically it is a problem around my left ankle, where two bones are not properly fused together as they should be. The doctor says I was probably born with this issue, but it did not flare up until last December. The doctor said it was probably due to my having played ice hockey growing up, and always working at jobs that require me to be on my feet. The issue was causing me SEVERE pain in my ankle, and it made walking a very difficult task. For a month or two earlier this year, I was having to wear a large medical boot to just get around, and to help relieve the pain. The problem was so bad that simply trying to get from my bed to my shower every morning proved to be a challenge. And I'm only 28 years old!

Eventually the doctor gave me a steroid shot around March or April, which helped bring a measure of relief, but never full relief. But, it at least allowed me to get around without without the assistance of a medical boot. But if I were on my feet for any prolonged period of time, I would still feel a bit of pain. Well, being that I work 8 hours a day on my feet at a busy law firm, which sometimes requires I take long walking courier deliveries across uptown Charlotte to deliver packages, needless to say, my ankle can really bother me at the end of the day. But, seeing my father when I was growing up work long hours on his feet every day, having his own medical issues in his ankle, I figured I would just "man up" and learn to deal with this pain as he did.

I had prayed for healing a number of times before for healing, even with others at the Church, but to no avail. I kept trusting it to God, but I never experienced any relief. But a curious thing happened today at work. After being on my feet a couple hours, I stoped and noticed, "Hey, I don't feel any pain today!" I had even noticed an extra bounce in my step. And I immediately thought back to Sunday morning. And today, after being on my feet an entire 8 hours, and having to go on two courier runs across town, I'm sitting at my computer right now without feeling the slightest bit of pain in my ankle!

I want to believe this is definitely a God thing. But again, the serious and cautiously optimistic attitude I generally hold to wants to say, "Well, maybe today was just one good day... let's see how I'm feeling at the end of the week." But part of me is just bursting at the seems in excitement over what I believe the Lord has done! For me to experience a full day without pain, even if I never experience another is absolutely tremendous, and would seem nothing less than supernatural.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share with you what I believe has happened to me. At the end of the week, I will update you guys and let you know if I am still feeling just as good as I am right now.

Blessings,

Jimmy

2010/10/11 18:58Profile
EverestoSama

Re: My Ankle (Healed?)

Awesome. I'm looking forward to the end of the week update.

2010/10/11 23:38Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Me too brother! I just can't tell you how ecstatic I feel about it all. It's quite amazing.

2010/10/11 23:41Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Well, it's Friday and I've worked hard all week on my feet. And outside of the pain normally associated with working 40 hours a week on your feet all day, in dress shoes at that, my ankle has been fine. Looks like God either healed it, or at least caused my natural processes to kick in and keep me free from pain. I guess the only way to know for sure if it was totally healed would be to have an MRI again. But, being that I'm still trying to make payments on it from earlier this year, I don't plan on doing that anytime soon :-)

2010/10/15 11:58Profile

Re:

Praise God. Awesome news!

2010/12/8 2:49

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy