SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Papal Authority

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
EverestoSama

Re:

The Holy Hand Grenade of spam bombs from lambrescue it would appear.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

2010/10/8 1:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Miccah on 2010/10/7 22:45:34 lambrescue. Listening to Catholic Apologetics is not my idea of a fun time, nor is it worth my time to listen to. 1 Timothy 2:5 (NKJV) "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus..." Sola Scriptura

Please let me share with you something beautiful. I never saw this as an antiCatholic Protestant:

Not one verse in the Bible teaches Sola Scripture (that the Bible is the only rule for faith and practice). 2 Tim 3:16 merely says Scripture is profitable. There isn't even an inspired table of contents IN the Bible. The only assurance you have that the Bible is inspired and the right books are there is the Catholic Church. It was decided at the synod of Rome in the fourth century. The Bible didn't fall out of the sky. It was preserved by the only Christians there were: Catholics.

We LOVE the Bible. Yet it is the written part of the tradition. There was also oral tradition. (see 2 Thess. 2:15)

Have you ever tested your belief of Sola Scriptura against the bible itself? I sure didn't. Maybe I was afraid to.

The Bible is holy, but we can't put on it something it wasn't meant to do.

This is why there are endless discussions about what it means on this forum. There is no infallible interpreter here to whom Jesus said "he who hears you hears me."

That is only possible in the apostles and their successors.

O Praise the Lord I found the Truth!

It was staring me in the face all along.

I persecuted it.

But thank God for His mercy!

2010/10/8 2:12
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Seems all we will get is canned answers.

2010/10/8 2:15Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

lambrescue,

you write:

Quote:
There isn't even an inspired table of contents IN the Bible. The only assurance you have that the Bible is inspired and the right books are there is the Catholic Church. It was decided at the synod of Rome in the fourth century. The Bible didn't fall out of the sky. It was preserved by the only Christians there were: Catholics.

Wrong friend. The Lord preserved His own word. No mortal man can do it.

Under your arguement, the Lord would need help from MORTAL men to preserve His word. How absurd. The Creator needing the created to preserve His word, or else it would have been lost. Foolishness.

2010/10/8 2:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
No matter how wonderfully 'expounded' something maybe I really can't place myself under a system that tortured and murder innocent people.

Protestants can also be found to blame for burning folks at the stake. But you find the real test of a faith by whether or not it's adherents live up to it's teachings or not.

This is why we know Islam is from the evil one.

But the Catholic Church is FILLED with saints.

O hallelujah!

2010/10/8 2:17
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am not Protestant friend, so this doesn't seem to apply to me. I am directly placed under Christ Jesus, with no priest or man between me and my Jesus. Catholism is a lie at its very best, a creation of men's imagination.

2010/10/8 2:20Profile

Re:

Quote:
Wrong friend. The Lord preserved His own word.

Yes. But we are mistaken if we think that His word is limited to what the apostles wrote down. Go read 2 Thess. 2:15 (by word and by our epistle)

Jesus didn't command the writing of a book. He commissioned men whom he gave power to forgive sins (Jn. 20:22,23) and preach salvation VERBALLY. That what they wrote was holy and true is incidental. They didn't write EVERYTHING down. We know this is true. Just go read the last few verses of the book of John.

O God is SOOO Good!!!!

His Church is the pillar and foundation of the Truth!!! Just as Scripture says.

2010/10/8 2:20
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

lambrescue,

The church saves no one, only the Lord Jesus Christ saves. All else is foolishness.

2010/10/8 2:20Profile

Re:

Only Catholicism has a provable pedigree straight back to Jesus Christ. The rest here is about 1500 yrs later or more.

O praise God He showed me the Truth!

2010/10/8 2:22

Re:

Quote:
lambrescue, The church saves no one, only the Lord Jesus Christ saves. All else is foolishness.

The Church is the saving body of Jesus Christ who is our head. If you are not connected to the Head through the Church you have no life. You are dead in your sins.

O thank GOD for showing me His Church before I die!

Glory to God!

2010/10/8 2:23

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy