GOD is appreciated and experienced
by the senses. Look to HIM and live;
Today if you hear HIS Voice; taste
of HIS lovingkindness; turn to HIM
and be saved!!

2010/10/5 10:33Profile
knitefall

Re: Hallelujah! God is EDIBLE

Great thoughts! Yes, seen through the eyes of 'Why the Cross?' then the Word makes all the sense. Clearly there are NO works for us to worry ourselves over. 1John 5:5, 16, 17 and 18 do not speak about how well we can act or clench our fists against the devil and yada yada. We are an overcomer IN Jesus. And we are placed there in Him by Faith alone. simple.

2010/10/5 12:18Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Interesting thoughts... "except you eat My flesh and drink My blood, you have no life in you..."

I will have to mull over this a bit.

[EDIT: Removed a somewhat large section of uncharitable criticism]

I will be thinking on this. Thanks for sharing!

2010/10/5 21:25Profile
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Very good!

Thanks for posting!

2010/10/5 21:47Profile

Re:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

Choices:
Tree of Life or Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon . 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:7-9

"They joined themselves also unto Baalpeor, and ate the sacrifices of the dead." Psalm 106:28

Hidden Manna or Food Sacrificed to Idols.
(Live according to the way the unbelievers live,
worship what they worship, walk as they walk. That is
"eating food sacrificed to idols".

Or partake of the only True God and His Son Jesus Christ.

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:3

We have fellowship with each other ONLY if we have fellowship (eating, partaking, abiding in) with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected : hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk , even as he walked . 1 John 2:5-6

Behold , I stand at the door, and knock : if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Rev 3:20

Sup - A small swallow or mouthful of liquid food.

And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:35

Apart from Me, you can do nothing. John 15:5

2010/10/5 23:00
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

This is getting better as it goes... a very deep thought. Never considered "eating" in these ways before.

The Lord spoke to me last evening and informed me that I was uncharitable in my first response. I was being nit-picky and not gracious... "casting out the apple for the core."

Sorry for that bit of criticism. Pray that the Lord will continue to teach me to filter all things through His love.

I have "sanitized" my previous posting a bit for the benefit of others. It's one of those "restitution" things. :)

Blessings in Jesus, the Bread from Heaven,

2010/10/6 23:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy