Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Weighing your heart

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
angela_888

Weighing your heart

The best way to know if God is pleased with you is to read the verses in the gospels that weigh your heart and challenge you to walk in the commands of Jesus Christ. Chapters 5,6 and 7 of Matthews gospel,together with chapters 2 and 3 of the book of Revelation,are probably the best to weigh your heart and to show you if you are pleasing to God.

Angela_888

2010/10/4 14:40Profile

Re: Weighing your heart

We're on the same page. Actually, been stuck here for about 7 years, but it's a good kind of stuck.

It's God dealing with me where the rubber meets the road.

It's prayed that others will get stuck here, too.

Caritas,
g

2010/10/4 17:55
angela_888

Try not to be stuck for too long because death comes like a thief, and these scriptures warn about hell for those that do not walk in the commands of Christ.

2010/10/5 3:04Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

The bright morning star is my very heart.

2010/10/5 3:15Profile

Re:

by angela_888 on 2010/10/4 23:04:00

Try not to be stuck for too long because death comes like a thief, and these scriptures warn about hell for those that do not walk in the commands of Christ.

The commands of Christ....hmmm.

Since Jesus is Yaweh (with us), the commands/precepts of Christ reach far beyond the 70 plus he gave in the gospels. We have the 10 words+, and all the imperatives of the New Testament as well.

When saying stuck, what is meant is that i am continually brought back to these things again and again like the standard in relation to what this life goes through. These 5 chapters are now very hard to forget.

When saying stuck, consider the Bible a record playing and throughout the course of the spinning, the needle skips back again and again to these things, and in amazement to their application in so many areas of living, i stay there awhile again and again and again again.

If one were not looking to Jesus, it would become an endless task. God guiding, and following His lead, it's hard to miss the mark, but who always does this?

Still, in His grace, He is an ever present help.

God Bless,
gregg

edited---> missed a letter: 'r'

2010/10/5 8:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy