SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : "come out from among them 'holy' folk" 2 Shawn 2:15.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
knitefall

"come out from among them 'holy' folk" 2 Shawn 2:15.

In America, there be a great many who know all about what others should be doing.

But where to get the power to do the doing?

Shout some thought-

2010/10/4 0:43Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: "come out from among them 'holy' folk" 2 Shawn 2:15.

1 Peter 1v16, '..."Be holy, for I am holy."

Hebrews 12v14, '...and holiness without which no one will see the Lord.'

If we are not looking to God for His power to do His work, then who are what are we looking to?

2010/10/4 4:31Profile

Re:

All the holiness, power, and glory of God
are bound of in God's example to us
in whose footsteps we are to follow.

Jesus said, "Apart from ME you can do nothing."

In conforming
to the image of God's dear Son,
all this just happens.
The holiness, power and glory
results of this one and only thing.

We can't manufacture this.

Don't confuse the fruit and branches for the True Vine.

2010/10/4 6:57
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: "come out from among them 'holy' folk" 2 Shawn 2:15.

Only ONE is able to deliver,
mighty to save, has power over
death and hell and sin. HE is
Christ, our all-conquering
Savior!!

2010/10/4 10:17Profile
knitefall

Re:

All good comments.

But I thought I had to look at the Scriptures as if I was the one responsible to fulfilling the part about being Holy? And then when I fail, others can look and say profound things like, "Ah-ha! If he only was like me..."

Kidding aside, Was can look at the Scriptures and see them as good teaching and good things to do and moral code and try to accomplish them of ourselves OR we can understand -in/by the Spirit- that these are already done IN us as we are IN Jesus by simplistic Faith.

So, if we know this, then why would people not want to go to our churches? Why would they stop coming and say Christians are mean? Is it because we don't know and believe the Gospel like we think? Please God, open our eyes to Spirit Truth in these last days.

It's sad when I read about brothers and sisters posting about where to go since their local churches operate in the flesh and kill the wounded. I'm really glad there are those on here that can see others how God sees them: their testimony ='s a NEW Spiritual creation w/o sin, no matter the body stench, clothing price, looks, downfalls, etc...

And please be not easily offended if this does not fit your theology. We all come through here and must go on in the deeper things of the Love of God.

-I mean much encouragement to those who have been 'put out' of our so called churches of the Lord Most Holy.

2010/10/4 13:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy