SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Coming Out of The Church: The Remnant Heresy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

good deal Jimmy.

Mission accomplished!

all eyes on you baby, whats next?

nothing?

all right then, lets move on.

neil

I'm not sure what you meant by this Neil. My intention is not to bring attention to myself if that is what you mean. My life is far to busy for me to seek to desire to bring attention to myself. I have little time for such games.

2010/10/3 18:44Profile

Re:

"I'm not sure what you meant by this Neil."

i believe you do, and i will leave you with this, be cautious, the Whore of Babylon is expert at seduction, she's been in practice for millenia, her ANd her consort, the spirit of anti-christ, how i long for the day when they both burn in the fire never quenched!

yellow lights aflashing Jimmy...caution.

2010/10/3 18:55
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Be careful not to become guilty of the very self same thing (critical spirit) that you accuse others of. Speck or plank is it? I ask you to carefully reconsider your wording in light of Gal 6:1.

Thank you for the exhortation. I try to guard my heart from it as much as possible, as it is something I have struggled with in the past.

Quote:

So there may be some that God has called into the wilderness for now to sort things out, shouldn't you be embracing them in a spirit of love as being a part of the body of Christ...shouldn't you?

I embrace them in the Spirit of love, and appeal to them as brethren. But at the same time, I feel compelled to remind them that for many of them, their actions are schismatic in nature, and in truth, is just as "denominational" in mentality.

The last thing the Church of Jesus Christ needs is another denomination that calls themselves "the remnant." The nature of such a claim is damaging to those who are their brethren that haven't come out into this imagined wilderness to join them.

Indeed, I would question whether many brethren have heard such a call from the Lord, because frankly, it is without Scriptural warrant. The Lord has not called us to sit at home and not fellowship with other Christians except via Facebook, SermonIndex.net, and Revival Conference, especially when there are so many other Christians around where they live.

2010/10/3 18:56Profile
rbanks

Re:

Blessings to you brother Jimmy,

I really do appreciate your post and the challenge it brings to SI readers. I appreciate the change I see God working in you. The attitude and spirit you are portraying in spite of all the negative posts is good to see in you brother.

I also appreciate how you are refusing to get caught up in the clicks on SI who seem to like to push their agenda above everyone else.

Your posts are challenging to many on here and from the negative response you have received by so many on here only proves that they are only trying to justify themselves.

I truly believe that if we as Christians would truly seek to edify the body of Christ in the humble calling God has placed on our lives instead of criticizing and tearing down one another, when they don’t see it the way we do, we would be more of a blessing to our Lord Jesus Christ.

BTW, it is clear to see from what you wrote that you are not criticizing any movement of God, whether it is a house church or public place of worship. The message is clearly about not isolating ourselves from the body of Christ because we think we have attained to a higher spiritual level than others and therefore have come out from among them.

Anyways, thanks again brother!

2010/10/3 18:57Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

...fellowship is not sitting in a 1.5 hour service every week until they day that you die. Surely Christ didn't die so that His body could sit and listen to one or two guys speak the rest of their life.

I totally agree. But it's definitely a starting point. And that 1.5 hours this person is getting is more than some on here, unfortunately, are getting week to week. Indeed, if this is all they got, it is more than some Christians who are imprisoned for their faith have had in many years. My bet is that many such brethren would love to have such fellowship, no matter how imperfect it is. But sadly, they sit in a small dark prison in isolation. They would rejoice over the opportunity, if such were afforded to them.

2010/10/3 19:00Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: maybe not fair of me.

Quote:

flinging the "heresy" mud pile at a brother positively stank of ego, the flesh, religioustic pride, my previous comment might not have been fair.

For a point of clarification: When I use the term "heresy," many probably misunderstand what I am saying, and that I am sorry for. It is my understanding that the word heresy, in it's original Biblical usage, wasn't used so much to describe gross theological error, but to describe the factitious nature that some Christians introduce into the fellowship of other Christians because of what they are teaching. Of course, much of the time, this is because of the gross error such teaching often employs. However, I think (and admit I could be wrong) that one could even be a heretic even if they are preaching nothing but the gospel truth.

For some brethren, just have the inability to get along with other brethren, no matter what. They are sectarian, or "heretical" in their disposition. And personally speaking, I find the entire idea of invoking some sort of "remnant" theology, that divides legitimate brethren from the fellowship of legitimate brethren, to be nothing but heretical in nature.

2010/10/3 19:08Profile

Re:

Quote:

What about His call to "come out of her, My people..." (Rev. 18.4).

Quote:
A fine question to ask. Unfortunately though, this verse which has been used as a rally cry over the years to support the idea of dividing fellowship and withdrawing from the local church is in my estimation, a fine example of a bad use of Scripture. There is simply no exegetical basis for this. The cry of this passage is for the saints of God to separate themselves from the world and its system. That is, they are to have nothing to do with it. To use it in another context, that is, to separate oneself from other born again Christians is grasping for straws.

Jimmy, it is perfectly exegeted, if you want to call it that. Why? Because this world has a religious system, too.

So, yes, come out of her MY people, refers to coming out of the false religious systems which are part of the world system. Yes, even a false "christian" religious system.

Who do you think created the false religious system?

Does, "Hath God said?", remind you of someone?

2010/10/3 19:18
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

I really do appreciate your post and the challenge it brings to SI readers.

Thanks for the encouragement brother. No doubt, I hoped to challenge my brethren in this post. And knowing that there are "clicks" here on SI, I anticipated there might be some strong responses. My aim has been nothing less than the edification of the saints, and the building up of the body in love. That is always my aim, and I take great pains to try and present every man complete in Him.

And on a more personal note, my idea behind genuine Christian unity and fellowship is one that was born out of much pain and great sorrow in my life. Once upon a time, I was engaged to the only woman I have ever fallen in love with. To make a long story short, this woman eventually called off our engagement after the Lord called me to be a Church planter/missionary here in America. She ultimately felt she could not go along with me in my call, because, I could not agree with her 100% on the doctrine of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, and what constituted the initial physical evidence of that baptism. We were agreed almost 95%.

But at the end of the day, she acted as if I were some other sort of Christian altogether, and decided we could not be united together in marriage or ministry in the Church, because we could not be uniform in our doctrine. This one small point of doctrine cost me deeply.

It was from the events that unfolded in this time, after being together for four years, that the Lord began to reveal to me that all of us are united perfectly together in Him. For if the same Jesus can live inside of you and simultaneously live inside of me, in spite of our flaws and in spite of our theological differences, then we should be able to get along together, and fellowship, and labor together in the Lord. For the reality of Christ in you and me is the glue that binds us together.

That is ultimately why I cannot tolerate this idea of a remnant, and the dividing of Christians from Christians, and am so bold as to call it heresy. If Jesus is living in both of us, and laboring through both of us, then both of us need to figure out a way to get along together. Going out into some imaginary wilderness to be alone day after day, week after week, and year after year, and living a separated life from brethren within your proximity, is simply not a Biblical idea.

Indeed, such men are guilty of what the Bible calls, "neglect." And neglect is far from being spiritual.

2010/10/3 19:21Profile

Re:

Quote:
For some brethren, just have the inability to get along with other brethren, no matter what. They are sectarian, or "heretical" in their disposition. And personally speaking, I find the entire idea of invoking some sort of "remnant" theology, that divides legitimate brethren from the fellowship of legitimate brethren, to be nothing but heretical in nature.

I don't know what "remnant theology" is, but I do know what the Lord means when He mentions remnant in His Word.

He means, He will have a people. He will have a Bride, that will be pure and not an Adulteress and she follows her Bridegroom whithersoever He goes.

2010/10/3 19:22

Re:

Quote:
BTW, it is clear to see from what you wrote that you are not criticizing any movement of God, whether it is a house church or public place of worship. The message is clearly about not isolating ourselves from the body of Christ because we think we have attained to a higher spiritual level than others and therefore have come out from among them.

Dear me, where are these people that have arrived?

If truth be told, the majority of the folks that I know who have left the established Church are disgusted, bitter and hungry. Some it involves that "tithe". While others it involves watered down messages. Still, for others it's offenses during a crisis when they needed the Church to be there for them and were not.

The message I send back when talking with my brethren is, "love them". Oh they hate that, but it's the power of God that we hold our peace when we are reviled.

Let me say something here about the Church having problems and such.

When I was in my early twenties and I loved the Lord and the Lord opened up in those days for me to have godly friends which I seemed to have met in one fell swoop. But I was a secret fellow with many secret problems and sins. But I loved the Lord and I didn't know it but I radiated God's presense that would irritate others. Now at the time, I never new why people didn't like me much. Someone even said that I was a "unique breed". About a year ago I met one of those fellows that I worked with that didn't care for me too much. With all my problems that I had, he said, you know brother (he's saved now) "I couldn't stand working with you because you appeared to me to be very happy, and that bothered me".

I said this to say that the Church may have many problems, but even in my condition, Gods presence moved in me and affected others around me without my knowledge. So to run away from Church because it has so many problems is really lame. Paul spoke so many things to problematic Churches. And so what if they speak about tithing, don't give if you don't want to.

2010/10/3 19:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy