Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Glory of God in Marriage by Paul Washer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The Glory of God in Marriage by Paul Washer

The Glory of God in Marriage by Paul Washer

I just got done listening to this sermon and all I can think of is I wonder how many marriages could be saved if all Christian husbands would take to heart the principles Washer teaches in this sermon?

Quote by Washer: My wife is a brave woman: I would be afraid to submit to someone like me!" Now you need to listen to understand this context in which that was said.

In a similar vein the LORD has impressed upon me this question: "would I like to married to ME?" The interpretation is "would I want to be married to someone exactly like me?" Now, if this does not instill some holy fear in ones heart, I am not sure what would.

I highly recommend any and all to listen to this sermon. So much food for thought there - enough to keep your mind and spirit busy for a while.

ginnyrose

2010/10/1 14:15Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: The Glory of God in Marriage by Paul Washer

Good thoughts Ginny. Very thought provoking. I think I have listened to that message before, but I will put it on my listen list again.

Blessings!

2010/10/1 14:30Profile
utilizer001

Oregon

Ginny,

This is indeed a good message for all of God's children to hear. It has been used by Him to show me many of my short comings, and just how poorly I treated Jessica before my stand began.

May God be praised, and receive the glory due Him, as brothers like Mr. Washer share His words with us.

Jason

2010/10/1 21:01Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Quote:
Quote by Washer: My wife is a brave woman: I would be afraid to submit to someone like me!" Now you need to listen to understand this context in which that was said.

can be a challenge for the woman if taken in God's order and timing! and by His grace.

Jer 31:22How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.

The new thing spoken of here is the New Testament I'm sure??

Haven't listened to the message yet though Sandra! I will later. :)

2010/10/1 21:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Michelle,

This sermon is directed towards the men but even so there is so much in it for us women. Marriage is a two way street - what effects one will effect the other as well.

Washer makes a very important point in that he says the wife will also stand independently before God. Recognizing this fact as a reality, Washer takes very serious his position as a husband to God's daughter.

The fact that a woman will stand independently before God is rarely made in regards to the submission of wives to their husbands. Women will submit to rebellious acts using the excuse that she is called to submit to her husband in everything. (I would guess that if truth be told she who says this will also be selective in what she will submit to with little or not question.)

Lot of food there to chew your cud on. (Understand this expression? When a cow chews her cud she is regurgitating a bolus of food into her mouth which she rechews and reswallows. A healthy cow chews her cud. If a dairyman wants to know the health of his cows all he has to do is observe how well and frequent they are chewing their cud. Important lesson here for us - we don't chew the cud but we can and do meditate. BTW, the reason I do not like to chew gum is because it looks so much like a cow chewing her cud!)

2010/10/2 9:03Profile
DJSavage

BC, Canada

Yes, a very good message. I listened to it a while ago, and actually was just listening to it again the day you posted this.

I think every young man craving marriage should listen to this sermon, and definately every newly-wed.

Can't remember exactly how Paul says it in the sermon, but it's something like "If your wife met all your conditions perfectly then your love for her wouldn't be unconditional"

2010/10/4 10:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy